Chapter 39: Exchange

♥LucyAshleyHeartfilia♥

____________________________________________________________

“Exchange? What can we give that can compare to him?”, Cerina asked.

“I know”, I said. Gray and the other looked at me.

“What do you have in mind?”, Gray asked.

“I know what he wants”, I looked at him. “Gray, whatever happens, you’ll always be there for me won’t you?”, I asked, caressing his face. He looked at me worriedly.

“What do you mean? What are you going to do?”, he asked.

“Memories. I will take all your precious memories”, the dark spirit said.

“WHAT!”, all of them shouted out. “You can’t take it!”

‘It’s alright. Take it!”, I said. Gray and the others looked at me with disbelief.

“Juvia, don’t do it”, Gray said. I ran away and stood five meters away from them.

“Everyone, I’m really happy to meet all of you. This journey was really important to me. I guess this is our last stop huh?”, I cried in front of them. They saw from my expression that I was serious to do this.

“No way!”, they tried to stop me, Gray especially, but I created a barrier to stop them from going further.

“Juvia, no! Don’t do this”, Cerina cried as she slams her hands on the barrier I created. Gray tried to penetrate it using all the magic he knows but I made it even stronger than before.

“I will definitely see you again Cerina, when I did, even if I forget, please be as close to me as we are now. Promise me”, I said.

“Juvia….alright”, Cerina wiped her tears. “If I did, be sure not to be scared of me alright!”, I nodded.

“Sister! Thanks for everything! Thanks to you I was able to be with Papa again”, Saya cried in his father’s arms. Ryo said his farewells as well before my memories fade away.

“Be sure not to make hasty decisions like this once your head is clear. At least remember that”, Ryo said.

“I’ll try to make it remain in my head”, I smiled at him.

“We’ll definitely visit you once this is over”, he promised.

“Saya..I ask one last favour from you”, I said.

“What is it?”

“Can you please make sure my Father is reunited with my Mother and his Brother? Make sure he finds them”

“Leave it to me”

“Thanks”, I said.

When it comes down to Gray, he’s the one I hated to see the most at this time.

“Gray….”

“Juvia….”

I smiled at him.

“You always love to forget everything”

“Yeah, I wonder the same thing”, I leaned my hand against the barrier. He did the same. Between the barrier, our hands looks to touch each other.

“Looks like I can’t stop you either way”, he said. ‘Don’t worry, even if you forgets, I will definitely stay with you”

I cried non-stop from what we were talking about. The only thing I was frightened about is forgetting my feelings for him.

“Gray I….the truth is I…I love you so much. I’m afraid. I’m really afraid that if I forget this feeling..”

“Don’t worry idiot. If you did forget, I’ll make sure you’ll remember. If you don’t, I’ll make you fall in love with me”, he said.

“You’re cocky!”, I laughed. “Even if my memories will be taken away from me, surely, I will fall in love with you again”

“Juvia..”, everyone of them said.

“Have you decided?”, the dark spirit asked, offering my Father’s soul.

“Yes. Take all of my memories away in exchange for my Father’s soul! Give him the peace that he wanted with my Mother and his brother”, I stated.

“I will make this agreement with you. Take this soul and I take your memories”, he said.

The Dark Spirit landed his hand on my head as he surrendered my Father’s soul to Gray and Saya’s side. As I look at Saya’s ritual, I saw his soul being together with my Mother and Zeref. Their smiling faces as they looked at me. Finally they’re together. My tears cannot stop as I witness it all. At least let me engrave this feeling in my heart before I forget them all. I can feel my head getting empty. It’s like my memories were flashing backwards. Like rewinding a film inside my head until it was clear. Until the moment I close my eyes, I can’t remember a thing.