Chapter 26: The Great Kingdom of Extalia

Ruins, boulders, foggy mountains, dark aura and dead trees. I felt sad upon seeing this. This is Extalia, my home.

“This is…..Extalia?”, I asked, surprised as I was, I can’t find the right words to explain what I am feeling right now. Guilt, anger, sadness, worry, longing for something I don’t even know.

“This is the Great Kingdom of Extalia”, Rito said.

“Well, what’s left with it. This place has never changed since the war with the Dark Lord”, Ryo seconded.

“This place is very sad, everything about this place is very sad”, Lucy blurted out.

Somehow, I can’t relate to what they are saying. I feel so sad. Lucy is right, everything about this place is so sad.

“Juvia, are you ready?”, Rito asked me.

“I…I’m sorry, wha..what?”,  I asked.

“I asked you if you’re ready to remember your past Juvia, what is wrong?”, Rito asked.

“Nothing, it’s just this place seems very familiar, yet I don’t know. I can’t understand”, I said honestly.

“It’s natural because you lost your memories yet you grow up here”, Rito said. “Come on, let’s remember it together”, Rito continued, offering his hand. I took his hand with such trust.

“How will you know where you’re taking me? It’s all but ruins here Rito”, I asked being dragged by him holding my hands.

“She’s right, how do you know if you’re already in the place? I can’t even see a wall separating anything or boundaries left by the ruins”, Ryo seconded holding Lucy.

“I already told you, I was here before, I grew up with Juvia so I know”, Rito explained.

“You grew up with her? You were here?”, Ryo asked.

“Yes, why?”, Rito asked back.

“I am confused, Big Brother, we’re you really a resident of Extalia?”, Lucy suddenly asked.

“Of course, why would you….”,

“Then why aren’t you dead? It’s strange isn’t it? You said you grew up with her, and you were here when the Dark Lord attacked Extalia, why is it possible that you’re alive? From what I heard Princess Juvia is the only one who survived from that attack”, Lucy conveyed. I was taken aback. I stopped walking and RIto stopped his tracks too. He looks surprised from Lucy’s sudden question. Ryo seemed enlightened and asking the same.

“Come to think of it, Lucy was right”, Ryo asked him.

“I…it’s because”, Rito started.

“It’s because what you said before was a lie isn’t it? You weren’t really here when the Dark Lord attacked. That’s why you survived”, Lucy said.

“Why are you asking this all of a sudden?”, Rito asked.

“It’s because I felt a strange aura with you Big Brother, it’s not the same as Big Sister, if you truly said that you were here the same way she is, there would be a similarity with both of your souls, however somehow, something is different. You’re hiding something Big Brother”, Lucy said to Rito. Rito’s face is pale. It’s like he had his identity discovered from what Lucy said.

“Rito, is it true? Tell me it’s not true”, I asked him. I was about to cry.

“It’s true. I am hiding something from you. I was not here when the Dark Lord attacked, though I was here after the event happened. It’s true that I grew up with you but it’s a lie when I said I was here when the tragedy happened”, Rito explained.

“What do you mean?”, I asked.

“That place will explain. That will uncover your past”, Rito said pointing out to a very dusty ruin. As soon as I saw the spot, my heart beats very fast.

Ba-thump

Ba-thump

Ba-thump

Thy memories locked, thou shall not remember, thy words which holds the key, reveal thyself to me. Unlock this chains that bind the holder, show the past that can’t be altered.

Rito chanted this spell. A large magic circle appeared under me, the locket which was dangling in my neck was shining with golden rays of light.

Ba-thump

Ba-thump

Ba-thump

Every beat my heart makes feels like something inside me is ready to come out. And then, it happened…….

 “Wha…What is happening?”, Lucy squealed.

“This power….Juvia!”, Ryo exclaimed. After I heard their voices, everything turned white. Dark places would make anyone be scared and frightened, but this is more terrifying than darkness. Even though everything is plain white, I can’t see anything. I felt cold.

“Ryo?, Lucy?, RITO!!!!!”, I shouted. I don’t want to be alone. If there is anything I am scared of, it was being alone by myself and be apart from my friends. I can feel fear seeping through every part of my body. I felt tears come out from my eyes. I was scared.

“Its okay to be scared sometimes”, A female voice suddenly echoed while I am sulking. I turned around. I saw a woman, the same woman I met during my travel from the past. It was Wendy van Fullbuster.