Chapter 25: Reminisce

Cerina’s POV

Flashback

“Who goes there?”, a group of men guarding the boundary between Extalia and Laruhound City exclaimed. I was about to pass the border that separates Extalia from the dictated city. I can’t utter a word. I was so scared.

“Is that a mermaid? What is a mythical creature doing here?”, a woman asked.

“Hey, we can make lots of money if we sell it to traders”, a man whispered the other. He was holding some shackles and was ready to capture me. I tried to dive underwater; the water would surely protect me. Just when I swam under, a lightning shocked my body.

“Ahhhh!”, I shouted feeling the pain it caused me.

“Oooohh, it can talk too!”, the man earlier said.

“Anyway men, don’t let her pass this border. This one will be sold In auction to the city”, one of the guards ordered.

“Wait, you’re making a mistake! Let me go!”, I shouted. Not again, I was far away from Extalia. Why did I try to swim so far just to try to see the ocean!

“Hold it right there!”, a boy shouted the guards.

“What?!”, the guards shouted back. As soon as they caught the sight of the boy, they bowed their heads and kneeled. “Master Van Wielder”, they all said in unison.

“Prince Gray”, I said. I know him. He always visits Juvia, the one fated to marry her.

“Release her, you all will not touch her”, Prince Gray said.

“But she was about to cross the boundary, my liege. She will not be permitted to cross here without a word from the high minister of the city”, one of the guards said.

“Master Fellon huh?”, Prince Gray said.

“If I may ask, what is she to you my lord?”, the captain of the guards asked.

“CERINA!”, someone shouted. I turned around, only to see Juvia panting and running towards me. As soon as we made contact, she hugged me tight; splashing waters all over the port of the border not caring if she gets wet. “I’ve been worried. Why are you leaving?”, Juvia asked teary-eyed. She must have misunderstood my absence in Lake Luna. She thought I am leaving.

“Juvia, I am not living, I just wanted to see the sea”, I admitted.

“Oh, then you should have told me, no one is permitted to pass the border especially if you are not authorized by Master Fellon”, Juvia said.

“Princess, you should get out of the water you know, you could catch a cold”, Prince Gray offered his hand and supported Juvia.

I was able to see the ocean, swim on it. I’ve never felt so free! Juvia and Prince Gray asked Master Fellon and they accompanied me to make sure no one will harm me.

Juvia is very warm, as warm as when I first saw her. She was still like before. I remember how she saw me as a friend, how she treated me the way she treated others. For the first time, I felt like I belong in this world.

“You’re special”, this words gave deep impression in me. I actually felt special, a very unique creature. I wanted to be alive if it’s with her.

 “When everything is over, you will come with me right? After all we’re friends”, Juvia said with a smile.

I smiled. I felt my heart so light with those words. It was the same as back then.

Flashback

“What do you want to do with her Princess?”, one of the maids asked Juvia.

“Hmm…what should I do? Mermaid-miss is very beautiful. I know! Meri (Juvia’s call for Mermaid), you will come with me right? After all we’re friends now”, Juvia said jumping a little. I was surprised by what she said. She’s the first person who gave importance to me, treasured me as a human and not something to be sold for money. She saved my life, she saved my shattering soul. For the first time, I smiled and cried. I cried not because of sadness. I cried due to the happiness she gave me.

End of Flashback

Thank you Juvia.

End of POV