Chapter 8: A New Beginning

"How are you feeling?", I asked as soon as Lucy opened her eyes the next morning.

"Wh..where am I?", she asked.

"You're at an inn, we took you here, your wounds doesn't hurt anymore does it?"

"Yes, thank you....ahm...na..name? Can I ask who you are miss?", she asked.

"Oh, how rude of me. I'm Juvia (I better get used to that name already), nice to meet you Lucy"

"Nice to meet you too Miss Juvia, I remember you are with a man yesterday"

"He's Rito Flameheart, he's the one who saved you from that man"

"I've got to thank him. I wanna thank you as well for saving me. You can order me miss, what do you want me to do?", she asked.

"Oh, I'm not giving you orders Lucy, I'm your friend"

"But you bought me, I am your slave"

"No. you're free, you're an ordinary girl now just like me. You can do whatever you want", I explained holding her face. Somehow, she cried.

"I'm free? Really? Thanks so much", she said.

"You can go back to your family now, you should be able to know where they are right?", I asked.

"I have no relatives miss, I've been taken by that man as an orphan. My pareant were already dead."

"You poor thing. You and I are the same. Mine's been killed, I don't even know about my past let alone if I have any other relatives left alive. I'm on a journey with Rito right now to know what happened two years ago after my new family found me".

"Then, can I come with you please?", she pleaded holding my arm.

"You can't, it's dangerous Lucy, we don't even know if we can come back alive. I can't take you with me."

"Please miss Juvia, take me with you. You're my family now. Please don't leave me", her eyes were very persuasive it was hard for me to say no.

"Alright, but if everything becomes dangerous, you'll stay away okay?", I said.

"Okay. Thank you miss. Can I call you sister miss?", she asked.

"Okay, I always wanted to have a younger sister. Hehe, I'll take care of you from now on. Nice to meet you Lucy!"

"Thank you so much big sister!". I decided I'll take full responsibility of this child from now on. Who knows? She must be a blessing in disguise for me. I still have to talk about this to Rito.

"So you're really going to take her with us? Won't it be dangerous for her? It's better if she stay here", Rito said.

"No, I'm her sister and I'll be responsible for her. She's coming with us. Rito, we must take her. There's no one else she can depend on, who knows what will happen to her if we leave her here?", I insisted.

"But, you have to think about the risk too. She's still a child. It's dangerous"

"Rito, please, this is my lifetime request. I won't be able to concentrate on the journey leaving her like this", I said stubbornly. This conversation continued for a few hours and finally someone gave in.

"Fine! Let's take her, but I'm in charge of you two", Rito said giving up.

"Yey! Thanks Rito! Lucy, did you hear that? You're coming with us", I said happily swinging around the room with Lucy.

"I'll get to stay with you? Thank you big sister!", she said.

Tomorrow, our company of three will begin our next big step. Going on a journey with no guarantees about what the fyture holds, we will stay together and do our best to overcome obstacles.

______________________________________________________________________

What will happen on their next journey? Find out on the next chapter of Memoirs of a Fated Past! 

_____________________________________________________________________

Please Vote or Like! Thanks