Chapter 10: The Spirit Medium

"I hate all wizards like you!", the man said very hashly.

Why does he hate wizards? Did somethign happened to him that made him hate us?

"Why do you hate wizards Mr?", I asked, holding Lucy in my arms. Somehow, her expression is curious too.

"Why do I have to tell you? It will not make a difference will it?", he said still struggling on Rito's hold.

Rito can't talk much since he's concentrating on pinning the stranger down. This man must be very strong since he's making Rito make such a face.

"It's sad", suddenly Lucy said in a low voice.

"What? What did you say?", I asked peeking on Lucy. Her face is down and she's crying. I got worried and sat down to see her and check if something's wrong. Then she look up and her eyes were like they were penetrating through something. I realized it was the man's eyes she's looking.

"You suffered too much", she said.

"What are you talking about? What is it that....", the man trailed off mid-sentence and suddenly got quiet.

Rito stopped his hold on him, and looked with the same expression as I made. What did Lucy do to him? The man collapsed and then we saw Lucy got near him. She held his face and closed her eyes. I was about to stop her when she looked back on me.

"Don't worry big sister, I just want to look on his past", she said then returned to what she's doing.

Rito and I both saw a magic circle below her, it's color is Dark Violet, there were writings and symbols on its edges, the atmosphere became cold and chilly all of the sudden and we can feel a strong aura coming from her. Then Lucy chanted a spell which both Rito and I can't understand.

"Mien to Shapana Ishmen Tokoro Gasuka, I am a descendant from the heavens. Use me as your guide, Kirim Hashatan Irisan Ishara", she said, then the man quivered and flinched.

They stayed like that for a few minutes then the surroundings changed. We don't really know what was happening but the surroundings keep changing as if it's like we are time traveling at that point. We can see diffenrent colors. We can see faces of the people, I saw my face, Rito, the slave trader, an old woman, some children, even expressions of different people. We can see many things as the surrounding changes. I am confused at that point. Was this Lucy's power? How amazing enough can it be? I can't beleive she has such power within her.

"A spirit medium", Rito said.

"A spirit what?", I asked looking at him.

"I never actually met a person having such powers in them, they are very rare to see, almost extinct you see. There were no readings about them and this was actually the first time I see someone who has it. It was said to be a very frightening magic, they were sometimes called as guardians of the spirit world or so they say. I didn't even expect that magic is handled by a child like her. She has a lot of energy holding that kind of power", Rito explained.

"So you mean tos ay that she's a guide in the spirit world?", I said.

"Not exactly, but this thing is for sure, she must be an expert ehen it comes to spirits. She can do everything she wants with spirits. She can also look through the past of those of the living such as us.", Rito said.

"Then, we're looking to that man's past aren't we? And Lucy is taking us with her", I said.

We stopped and the surroundings was all white. We can't see anything. Then, there was a scenery. I can't believe I'm seeing this!

_______________________________________________________________________

What is it that they saw? Find out in the next chapter of Memoirs of a Fated Past!

______________________________________________________________________

Please Vote and Like! Thanks!