Chapter 6: Promises

"Then you must promise us one thing", my mom, even though still tearful, said to me with very serious eyes.

"What is it mom?", I asked.

"Promise us you will return alive. Even if you don't want to return to us, we will always take you in if you want to come back, but you have to return alive!", my mom said shedding yet another tear.

I run to her and hugged her tight. They loved me so much. "Of course mom, I may have no memories and my real parents might already be dead but having both of you as my new parents made me a really blessed person. Sorry if I have to leave you like this"

"Don't worry dear; if there's anything you need from us you're free to do so. Here...", my Dad said holding out his hands to my head. I feel something resonating inside my head.

"What is it Dad?", I asked when he stopped holding my head.

"It's a telecommunication device. Now we can communicate each other through our heads. That way we will know what is happening to you. If you want to talk to us, think of us and imagine, that will lead us to you."

"Thanks Dad, Mom, I promise I'll return"

I hugged them both, and then helped me get ready for my journey. Mom was more agitated about me leaving. It's understandable because she treated me as her daughter. She gave me a bracelet made of metal. She told me it was a good luck charm she made with my mother, I cried.

Tomorrow, I'll embark on a journey that might change everything. The scars of my past will determine my future. I will know who I really am at last. I will know what happened to my home, my parents, the person who helped me escape the attack, the Dark Lord, Prince Gray. Everything will be revealed at last.

When the sun rises from the east, I met up with Rito Flameheart at the train station. My mom and Dad escorted me of course.

"We'll leave her to you. Please take care of her", my mom said to Rito.

"Of course ma'am, you can count on me", Rito replied.

"Goodbye sweetie! Keep your promise!", my mom said when Rito and I were inside the train. My Dad hugged her and waved goodbye. The door closed and we glanced at each other until they're faces were out of sight. As the train leaves, I left my old self with it.

Starting from today, I'll live my new life as Princess Ysabel Juvia Fernandes Van Fullbuster, crowned Princess of Extalia.

_______________________________________________________________________

What will happen to them on their journey? Tune in to the next chapter of Memoirs of a Fated Past!

______________________________________________________________________

Please Vote or Like! Thanks!