Chapter 11: The Man's Past Part I

When we stopped, we saw a village, it was beautiful. We saw the man, she was with a woman, that must be her beloved. They look very lovely. What is this? Is Lucy trying to show us this man's past?

"You must be tired Cana", the man hugged her from behind. He was very happy, so is she. He was wearing an armor for a battlefield. So the woman's name is Cana.

"Aren't you sweet Ryo? Don't you have battle practice today?", she replied turning so she can see his face. So this man is Ryo. That answered our first question.

"Nah, I'm bored with all those trainings, no one seems good enough to beat me. I want to stay here", he said.

"I'm the only one who can beat you", Cana said.

"Ah, that was only possible because I was holding back on you", Ryo said.

"Really now? Let's see about that", Cana said, then they were launching at each other. They seem more like flirting than fighting to me. But we can see that they really love each other.

The surroundings stayed in that scenery a while, then it changed again, the man has a family now, there's a child. Their child was a very beautiful girl, she was almost the same age as Lucy, she must be 6.

"Papa!", the girl said while running  as she approach her father walking on the road to their house.

"Oh, how's my most beautiful girl?", Ryo said when he reached to her and lifted her up.

"Welcome back Papa, Mama cooked curry, it's very delicious. I helped her myself", she said proudly.

"Didn't you now? Haha, let's get home and cook your special curry"

They seem like a very beautiful foundation of a family. It pains my heart though since I can't remember if I have those experiences too. Somehow, I envy that girl. She had such a perfect family.

Everything seems very contented and comfortable but the scenery changed again. This time, we saw Ryo outside his house. The little girl run to him and he held her to his lap. He was showing her a map and telling her about the places.

"I wanna go here Papa", the girl said.

"Of course, next time for sure when I have my leave, we will go there", Ryo said.

"Really? But it might take you a long time before you have your leave again", she said.

"Then how about this? We'll go next week on your birthday okay?", Ryo said.

"Really? Papa we're going on my birthday here?", she asked excitedly.

"Yes"

"Promise?", she asked him holding up her little hands and her pinkie is the only one standing. She was asking for a "pinkie swear".

"Promise", Ryo said and made a "pinkie swear" with the child. She was very happy.

Another surrounding is coming because the scenery became blurry and clouds are forming as if to block the last scenery then it's beginning to clear up, the cloud is dispersing. It changed to a very awful scenery. A scenery which is not very pleasing to see.