Chapter 22: Guardian of The Lake

Hi everyone! Sorry for the long wait. Here's the next chapter of  Memoirs of a Fated Past! Don't forget to vote, comment and like okay! Lots of hugs!

~♥LucyAshleyHeartfilia♥ ~

________________________________________________________________________

We left the Village of Kandria and drifted in Lake Luna. We board the boat which can hold us all.

“Are you sure this is a good idea?”, Lucy asked holding tight in the boat.

“Yeah I agree with Lucy, this boat seems unstable”, I said gripping on the other end. The boat unstably rocked through the water. The water is blue, clear blue, but it looks like it’s very deep down.

“Don’t worry girls, we’re here, if anything happens both of you will be our priority. Besides, Juvia can manipulate water right?”, Ryo said with a smirk.

“But……”, Lucy said staggering.

“If you’re afraid, come sit beside me, that way your fear will ease up a little”, Ryo offered.

“O-okay”, Lucy said. Lucy balanced herself and made her way to Ryo’s side. She seems calm enough. Yeah, I can manipulate water, but that doesn’t mean I’m not afraid of it. Besides, we’re in the middle of the lake and I can’t see land nearby.

“Princess, if you are too afraid, why not calm yourself up? Try to look in the water, it may be too deep but seeing reflections might help you calm down. Just don’t mind how deep it is, look there are some fishes which you can see clearly here.”, Rito offered while rowing.

“But….isn’t it strange? We’ve rowed this far and yet there are no land in sight”, I asked.

“She’s right. Has this Lake really been like this?”, Ryo seconded.

“Maybe, maybe not. Anyway, we should move forward, we’ve come this far. Juvia try to calm down”, Rito said.

I tried what Rito told me. I was scared to see the deep blue water at first but I kind of enjoyed watching the fishes. I seem to calm down as the fishes became my distraction. Lucy was also looking at them with Ryo holding her firmly to secure her not falling off.

As I watch the fishes, I noticed a light under it. I tried asking Ryo and Lucy but they don’t seem to notice it. I am intrigued by that light. Was there something under water? Just then, the boat rocked wildly almost trampling all of us out of the boat. Lucy was securely held by a worrying Ryo. Rito on the other hand tried to balance himself towards where I am. I tried holding out to Rito but the boat rocked again.

“What is happening?”, I asked.

“The water seems in rage, I can’t control the boat”, Rito said.

“Lucy hold on tight”, Ryo said while Lucy is screaming.

A splash of water suddenly touched my face. I heard a voice as soon as my face got wet by the water.

Princess Ysabel Juvia Fernandes van Fullbuster, you have finally returned. I am sorry but you can’t pass here. Go, return to the mainland. You should never have stepped in the watery depths of Extalia. Return and never come back”

Wait, what? Return? Why? Why can’t I go further? I finally made it this far.

“Rito, did you hear that?”, I asked.

“Hear what? I don’t hear anything except this raging water and Lucy’s scream”, Rito said.

Not again. How come I always hear voices in my head? However, this voice was not from the Dark Lord. How can I ask why I can’t go further?

I looked in the water. That must be the link. Since we are in Lake Luna, I might possibly be able to communicate using water as well. I made an experimental look on the water. Tried to reach it as the boat rocked and asked through my head who is it that was talking to me.

“Who are you”?, I said with my mind.

“I am but a Guardian of Lake Luna”

“Who are you? Why are you trying to stop us? How did you know who I was?”, I asked.

“Would you like to know?”

“Yes please”, I said.

As soon as I said those words, the water I am currently holding sucked me right under water. I didn’t know what happened. All I know is that Rito and the others screamed out my name.