Chapter 38: Grudge

♥LucyAshleyHeartfilia♥

____________________________________________________________

“This is wrong! This can’t be real!”, Zefyr looks like he wants to stop our travel.

“Zefyr must die! He disbanded his right to kingship. Now that Zeref is the king, we must kill Zefyr!”, one of the ancients reasoned out.

“Zefyr is already dead!”, Zeref exclaimed.

“Nonsense!”, another snickered.

“Are you saying I’m lying Master Jugo? I killed him myself just because of the law you told me. You told us killing him will bring balance to our kingdom. He’s already dead isn’t that enough?”, Zeref defended though what he said was just a lie..

“I heed that your words is indeed true. You know the consequences if you dare say this to deceive us”, the one who’s called Master Jugo said. Zefyr was still alive. Zeref saved his own brother from the ancients. My mother conceived me on her womb and safely delivered me to the world. After my birth the ancestors made a decision once again.

“That child has to die!”, the ancients made an uproar.

“Why!”, Wendy cried.

“That child is the daughter of the Dark Lord! She will cause destruction to our land! Zefyr is still alive!”, the ancients shrieked in fear.

“I will not let you kill her!”, mymother angrily said, holding me tightly in her arms.

“Zeref has deceived us!”, Master Jugo exclaimed.

“Zefyr will kill us all! Letting that child live will be the trigger of our downfall!”, they all exclaimed. “The Dark Lord will surely bring Extalia to the ground!”

“No…all those things….Zeref….Wendy”, Zefyr was shivering beside me.

“Juvia, I did my best to save your father, to ensure your safety. I never had a chance to be with him. You never had the chance to meet him properly. Please, Juvia…when you meet your father, please save him”, my mother cried as she snuggled me closer to her on the night before the Dark Lord’s assault to Extalia.

We returned to where we were. Both of us, panting from what we experienced. Time travelling tired us out. It took most of our powers; th both of us.

“This can’t be….”, Zefyr slumped to the ground for the revelation he saw. Even I can’t believe it.

“Both of them, sacrificed everything to protect you. To protect you from the ancients in Extalia. They are the ones who did all this!”, I cried as I explained.

“It’s all wrong! How did it come to this! I…I!”, Zeref cried out. “To Zeref….to Wendy I….Juvia”, he looked at me with the expression of guilt, sadness, and pity altogether. He must have saw my mother and Zeref’s soul behind me.

“Father…”, I cried as I look at him. How will we suppose to compensate to this? “We can still change things right? I’m still here, you’re here. Let’s stop this now”

A dark aura emanated from him. It transformed into a dark cloak behind him.

“The price for all these years”, it said. Zefyr turned to look at it with fear.

“What? Father!”, I shouted out, I stumbled to reach him but he looked at me with a sad smile on his face.

“I have journeyed with hatred in my heart for too long. My existence will only bring pain to everyone. I sold my soul to the darkness. I don’t want to create more damage”, he said. He must have summoned it himself. “I’m sorry, I haven’t been able to have a time with you at all. I guess, even in the afterlife, looks like I still can’t be with Wendy and Zeref”

“No! Don’t! Please! STOP!”, I cried out.

“Juvia!”, Gray and everyone else reached where we are. “What is happening?!”

“A very dangerous spirit”, Saya warned.

“Juvia, please grant this old man his last wish. Let me have peace just this once”, he said.

“No….NO PLEASE! I want to know you more! Please!”, I cried out.

“You truly are like your mother. She raised you well”, with that, he smiled. Summoning a sword in front of him, he stabbed himself with a smiling face looking at me. “Farewell, Juvia. My daughter”

“NO!!!!!”, I shouted out with everything I have. The dark aura shaped Zefyr’s soul out of his body.

“The Dark Lord is dead. His soul will remain with me in the underworld”, the dark spirit said.

I stopped him using the magic I have yet to learn. Out of instinct I was able to grasp the Dark Lord’s soul.

“I will not let you take him there”, I said.

“An agreement. I will take the price to pay”, the spirit said.

“I will not let you take him!”, I said weakly. My magic is giving out, I feel weak already.

“JUVIA!”, Gray’s worried voice echoed. He was beside me at once holding out to me, he supported my body. “Use my magic as well”, he encouraged and wrapped his arms around mine. He shared great amount of magic into me. Cerina joined as well and so did Saya and Ryo.

“You will not interfere. This was decided a long time ago. An equal exchange. If you can give me an exchange, I will let him go”, the spirit said. He stopped pulling my father’s soul and it remained still at the center.

“What?”, I stopped my magic as well.

“Give me something that can be compared to his soul. A substitute exchange which is equal to his and I will let you go with him”, he said.