Chapter 12: The Man's Past Part II

When the scenery stopped on changing, it took us to an unexpected surrounding. It was red, like the fire but what we saw wasn't fire, it was blood. We saw many people laying dead on the surface, they were wearing armors, the same outfit as Ryo has when we met him. This must be a war. Lucy took us when the war is on a rage. Then as she lead us, we passed by the bodies leading to the village. Ryo's village wasn't that far from the battlefield. There were so many ashes and the smell of burnt wood is all over the place.

"Don't tell me.....", I can't finish what I'm about to say. Something seems to be stuck on my throat and I can't make my voice come out. "Don't tell me that we might see the most horrible outcome", that's what I wanted to say but was unable to do so.

"No way, what happened to them?", Rito said and held my hand, he must have sensed the worriness I'm feeling. I was afraid. I was afraid not because of the scenery but what was about to be revealed to us if we continue further.

"NOOOOO!!!! DON'T PLEASE!!!!", we heard a voice, a female's voice. We know that voice, it was the voice of Cana, Ryo's wife.

We darted to a burning house. We saw Cana laying on the ground bleeding and reaching towards someone standing in front of her. We can't tell is it's a man or a woman. The mysterious person is wearing a black cloak. Then, he turned around and looked at Cana, it was a man.

"Acknologia", the man said and Cana jerked. Her body limping on the ground and blood is splashing little by little to her small body. Her eyes looking upwards past through the man, she cried and then stopped. She was dead by then. It was awful to see and I can't help myself from turning towards Rito to hide my face from the reality we are seeing. I haven't seen someone get killed before. Rito hugged me tight to comfort me. Then we heard a girl shouting.

"Mama!!!!!!", it was the child. She leaped and run inside the house coming towards her dead mother.

"I found you, you were hiding there huh? Too bad, your mother is already dead", the man said.

I see now. The girl is hiding, that's why Cana is looking to where she appeared. The man used and killed Cana as bait to lure her out. Why did she come out? The man will kill her too! No! Someone help her!

"We got to help her, she's gonna die!", I cried leaping towards the little girl to help her. I don't care if I don't have any powers, I want to help her.

"No, nothing can change the course of events. Not even if Lucy take us here. This is the past, we cannot change it. This happened already, we have nothing we could do but to look at how it goes even if its painful", Rito said restraining me with his hands.

"You killed her!!! Your'e very evil!!!", the girl said, charging towards the man.

"You brought this on yourself, now you die! Disappear from this world! I'll make you disappear!", the man said and said a spell. "Carpacio Cirindico", he said.

The spell released a wave fo darkness and lingered around the girl. I can't bear to watch this.

"No!", the girl said and we saw a light eminating inside her that seems to reflect the darkness a little but it's still not enough. She vanished right aways when the darkness creeped her into nothingness. When the man was about to live, we heard footsteps rushing on the door. It opened and we saw Ryo, bloody and shocked for what he saw. His beloved wife laying dead, her daughter's clothes laying on the floor. He remained still for a long time.