Chapter 31: How I Survived

“This will be harder than I thought”, the Dark Lord said, dispelling the magic he created. “Unless you are separated from her, I can’t kill her”

“Mom?”, my 16 year old self cried hugging my Mom.

“It’s been hard for you, sweetie. I’m very sorry you have to see this. Don’t worry, Mom is here, I will always protect you like Dad”, Mom said smiling so I can ease my fear.

“Get away!”, the Dark Lord motioned again, lifting Mom’s body up, trying to separate her from my 16 year old self. Mom battled with gravity and not letting go of me. It went on for a very long time, then she fell to the ground. The Dark Lord’s magic vanished. Mom looked towards the direction of Dad.

“Zeref”, Mom exclaimed.

“You will not hurt them”, Dad said. Just then, half of the Dark Lord’s body got frozen. My parents were shocked and the Dark Lord turned to see the sudden visitor.

“Well if it isn’t the crowned Prince and soon to be King of Edolas, you came here to die?”, the Dark Lord asked.

“No, I came here to save Juvia”, the so-called Prince Gray said. I turned around.

“Gray!”, my 16 year old self shouted with relief.

Gray? I looked at the boy at who made his entrance from the fireplace creating a hole by exploding it from the other side. He was, Gray? I was surprised, at the same time shocked. I can’t believe my eyes. This is Prince Gray?

“Rito Flameheart”, I gasped.

“Die!”, the Dark Lord hissed.

“No!”, I shouted and unleashed a very great amount of energy. It hit the Dark Lord and he slumped on the ground making him groan for pain.

“What power. I almost got overwhelmed. So you hold such power huh? I think I would have greater use for you. I’ll use your power”, the Dark Lord said between his groans.

“No, you won’t touch her”, Gray angrily shouted.

“Want to test?”, the Dark Lord teased. However, my 16 year old self was in shock for what unexpectedly happened.

“Wendy, do it”, Dad suddenly shouted. Dad jumped and hold the Dark Lord as tight as he can so he can’t move his arms to create magic.

“Alright”, Mom nodded and turned towards me. “Juvia, I want you to close your eyes, don’t open them unless I say so”, Mom ordered. My 16 year old self did as she was told.

“You think that’s going to stop me? You belittle me Zeref. I always was the better fighter. Now you should die”, From what I see, the Dark Lord spread a dark Aura, and I saw my Dad starting to loosen his grip and was about to die.

“You, who were bounded by this spell, forget everything and start anew. The key which will guide you back lies within this chained memory. Release your past only when you are ready”, Mom chanted. “Juvia, be happy”, Mom said as my 16 year old self drifted into sleep.

“Gray!”, Mom shouted. Prince Gray rushed to their side as my Mom struggled for her life.

“My Queen, what did you do?”, Gray asked.

“I’ve erased all her memories. I made sure that you will not have troubles escaping here. Go to the fireplace, it will transport you someplace away from here. That is the last bit of power I can do. Please Gray, take her. Save her please. Take her away from here; away from him. Make sure she’s safe!”, Mom said gasping for air.

“My Queen, I swear that I will forever be by her side. I will watch over her until the day she is ready to face her fate”, Prince Gray said.

“Thank you, take her necklace, that is where I hid her memories, when she’s ready chant this spell”, Mom said whispering something to Gray. “I entrust her to your hands, Prince Gray”, with that Mom fell to the ground. I was crying, crying for everything I saw. Mom sacrificed herself to save me. I saw Prince Gray ran towards the fireplace. Just when my Dad collapsed to the floor, the Dark Lord tried to stop them.

“You will not escape!!!!”, he said angrily but before he could reach Prince Gray, they vanished. “No!”, the Dark Lord shouted and then vanished.

An hour has passed and everything went quiet. Dad told his goodbyes to my Mom, saying how he was sorry. Mom comforting him as he peacefully died. Mom cried seeing her husband died in front of her holding her hand before he died. Mom, barely breathing then heard footsteps. Two people rushed inside the room. Seeing their bodies lay there, they checked if they were still alive.

“WENDY!!!”, the woman cried. She was hugged by the man beside her.

“Er…..za…”, Mom said.

Erza? My mother? As I took it all in, everything was white. There’s nothingness, then there was light.