Chapter 7: Lucy Van Giruet

"Where are we headed to?", I asked Rito.

"Our first destination would be the town of Lamia. We might find someone you know. I heard apart from you, there are others who were from Extalia Kingdom that migrated there before the Dark Lord attacked. There might be someone who can help you", Rito said.

"I want to thank you again Rito, though my memories of you were still unknown, you help me to this extent"

"Don't worry my Princess, you will recover your past soon", Rito said. I saw him made a disgusted look. He must have something he's hiding from me but I am embarrassed to ask.

We reached Lamia Station not long after. We stopped by a restaurant to eat and went on to the central plaza. Maybe, there's someone who will notice me just like how Rito did. I wanted to keep my hopes up though it's hard for me.

"Princess, do you want to stop here for a while? Someone you know might recognize you if we stopped here a little", Rito offered.

"I told you, you should speak to me ordinarily. Call me Juvia from now on. Okay, let's stay here"

"Sorry, it became a habit of mine"

We seated beside the fountain. The scenery on the town was very nice. A lot of people are busy. I don't recognize any of their faces. Suddenly, a girl near a church caught my eye, a huge man is with her. Her hands and feet were chained as if to restrain her from escaping. Her clothes were all dirty but her face was very beautiful. I feel pity on her.

"What is happening over there?", I asked Rito, my hand pointing at the direction of the girl.

"That's a slave trader. That girl is about to be sold as a slave for whomever buy her"

"WHAT?!!, That's awful. That girl shouldn't be sold to anyone! Someone has to help her. Wait here", I stood up and run over to where the girl is.

"Juvia!", I heard Rito shouted at my back. I can feel him running behind me.

"Hey, you've got to let this girl go, she ought to be free", I exulted to the huge man fighting my fears on how huge he is.

"What have we here? Who are you to suddenly sway these things to me? She's my property. I'm going to sell her as a slave. Mind your own business"

"What property? She's not owned by anybody! You've got to let her go!", I said stubbornly.

"Then pay up!" The man said. I was very angry at that point. I can see the girl peeping under her beautiful golden hair. A hope is filling up her chocolate brown eyes.

"Excuse me sir, how much for the girl?", Rito intervened and took out from his robe a bag of money.

"Eighty Thousand silver dime for the girl", the huge man said. I was shocked at what Rito did. He's actually going to buy her over.

"Then we have a deal. Give us the girl. She's free to go"

"Right. Take her with you", the huge man suddenly pushed the girl over to us. Luckily I cought her before she stumbles. He threw the key to us and then leaves with the money.

"Are you alright little one?", I asked. She didn't respond to my question but she stared up at me. "Don't worry, you're free. We won't hurt you".

"Free?", she said with a voice sounding like a bell.

"Yes, you are free, can you tell us your name?", I asked.

"I....I'm Lucy...Lucy Van Giruet", she said.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Juvia, he's Rito Flameheart", I introduced.

"Thanks for saving me", Lucy said and then fainted.

"We have to take her somewhere safe until she wakes up", Rito suggested.

'Right, let's leave the search for now. Thanks for helping her Rito. That was really nice of you."

"You were the first to do so, I merely ended the possible worse outcome"

"Still, thanks", I said.

We took Lucy to a nearby inn by dawn. We would stay and rest here until tomorrow. We didn't find anyone who knew me after all but we met a new friend.

(to be continued)