Chapter 5: Our First Meeting

It's hard for me to leave them, but this is the only way for me to get my memories back. I darted out of the kitchen and was about to head towards the door when suddenly the light in the hallway opened.

"So you are going away huh?", my mom said when she saw me holding the doorknob. I took my hand off of it to face her.

"Mom, I'm really sorry", I should have known she would notice it, she has the power to see through someone's feelings, including the knowledge if that person is lying or not and she controls metals. That is when I saw my Dad on my mother's side. His powers was different, he can read someone’s mind and can control thunder. I should have expected this. They are the best pairing on their guild before that's why they got married.

"So you want to know about your past?", mom asked.

"Yes", I said.

"Why don't we talk in the living room? We have to tell you something too.", mom said facing towards the living room. I followed them. We sat ourselves on the sofa.

"Looks like it's time for you to know about yourself now", Dad said holding my mother's hand.

"Sweetie, we don't want to tell you this before because we thought you weren't ready for this. But now, you want to know about your past, just promise us something", mom said and I could see a tear building up her eyes.

"Anything", I said.

"Whatever you discover and know, promise you'll understand that we did it for you", mom said.

"We are about to tell you how we found you on the ruins on Magnolia you must have memories about that right?", Dad said tightening his Grip on mom's hand.

"Yes I remember how you both saw me. That's when you decided to adopt me as your daughter right?". 

"Yes, well, you see, we were just starting to build a family there before we met you. Erza and I left our guild a month before when a battle on a nearby town happened. They say that the Great Kingdom of Extalia were under attack by the Dark Lord"

"The Great Kingdom of Extalia?", that was the exact same thing Rito had said to me before.

"Yes, we knew about that Kingdom dear, and some of the people there were great comrades of us, and your mother's too.", Dad said.

"Your mother, Wendy Fernandes was a friend of mine before she married the crowned Prince of that Kingdom", mom said crying on my father's arms.

"My.......mother?", I gasped.

"We didn't know what happened when the Dark Lord attacked your home all we knew is that all of the people of the Extalia Kingdom were extinguished. There were no survivors. And then, we saw you, from the ruins of another town called Magnolia. We are travelling through that town when we saw you by the ruins. Your hair was blue and you have your mother's eyes. I knew from that point that you are Wendy's daughter. That's when we decided to take you as our daughter. Camille, I'm very sorry to keep it from you.", mom was crying and Dad is comforting her.

How should I take this all in? That means I really am the lost Princess. My mother....I still can't recall her. Who is she? How does she look like? What about my father? Who is that Dark Lord that has taken everything from me? Why? Why!

I was crying at that point. Wait! Does that mean that the woman I saw in my dreams before was my mother? I don't know!

"Camille, please forgive us. If you hate us from keeping this a secret up until now, we understand. If you want to go, we will not stop you." Dad said. My mother was still drenched with tears.

"No, Dad, Mom, thank you. Thanks for telling it to me. I don't hate you and I don't have a grudge rather, I appreciate what you've done for me"

"But you're still going right?"

"Yes, if I don't recover my past, I can't go on and face the future"

"Then you must promise us one thing", my mom, even though still tearful, said to me with very serious eyes.

__________________________________________________________________________

What is it that Erza wants Camille to promise them? Find out on the next chapter of Memoirs of a Fated Past!

_________________________________________________________________________

Please Vote or Like!!!