Chapter 4: Goodbyes

I went home as soon as Rito and I decided to start our journey in finding two things: my memories and Prince Gray. I walked through the door, very cautiously so that my mom will not notice that I have a problem in my mind. I still don't know how I should say goodbye to them.

"I'm home"

"Oh welcome home dear! How's your first day?", my mom said when she saw me as I was darting towards the hallway.

"Nothing much, as usual Mrs. Scarlet has made me deliver a speech on the opening ceremony, other than that nothing special is new", I lied. I don't want to tell her about my meeting with Rito.

"That's good to hear. Oh by the way, your Dad is going home early today. Dinner's at seven okay?"

"Okay. Thanks mom"

I went to my room and changed my clothes. I readied my clothes that I will take on my journey. I finished packing almost in time for dinner. I heard Dad as he went inside the house and my mom welcoming him. I probably should go down now.

"Hi sweetie! How is my girl?", my Dad said as a greeting.

"Fine. How's work Dad?"

"Very tiring. It's good to be home, now I could relax with the best girls in the world", he says while darting through the kitchen to kiss my mother.

"Sit down, let's eat!", my mom said after she finished preparing.

"Thanks for the food!", we all said before enjoying the meal. Rule no. 2 in the house rules is to thank the blessings for today.

I can't eat much tonight. It seems I have no appetite towards the food. I barely touched it.

"What's wrong Camille? Aren't you hungry?", my mom asked when she noticed me.

"No, ahm....Mom...Dad...I want to tell you something..", I started but I can't go on to saying the main part of it.

"What is it sweetie?", Dad asked.

"Oh,...ahmm...nothing.... I just don't have an appetite to eat, excuse me but can I go first?", after all I can't say it. I was a coward.

"Okay, but make sure you eat your dinner later okay?", my Dad said.

"Okay."

Today, my life as an ordinary person will end. I'll embark on a journey with Rito Flameheart. It's hard to leave my current parents behind. They loved me more than what I deserved and never hide anything from me. They gave me everything they could give and yet I was about to leave them now. It's hard for me to tell them my goodbyes so I waited until they fell asleep. I feel guilty for what I am about to do. I took a paper and a pen from my desk and started writing:

"Mom, Dad, I am going away. I want to know about my past. I feel that I need to know, no, I must know it. My memories are starting to give flashbacks and it's been bugging me. I know that you have done so many things for me and I am very thankful to have you as my parents even though we aren't connected by blood, you still took me in and made me feel as if I am a real daughter to you. I want to thank you for everything you've done for me. Please be assured, I have someone to guide me. After I remember everything, I swear I'll return. No matter what I discover, I will always think of you as my parents. I love you.

Camille"

As soon as I finished it, I put it in the table in the kitchen. I'm sure they will be able to see it in the morning. 

(To be continued)