Chapter 30: Invasion

“Help! Help us!”, people from different places are shouting. Everyone is writhing in pain. It was horrible; I think I just stepped in the gateway to hell. There are fires all over the place, screams overwhelmed the city and fear is everywhere. No one is safe.

I saw the Dark Lord walking towards the Kingdom, killing everybody in his way. I also saw four other people with him (two men, a girl and a woman) but I didn’t paid attention to them, they were attacking the city as he ordered. The Dark Lord continued and I followed him; he entered the room he grew up with my Father. There I saw them, my parents, standing in front of the Dark Lord. I saw myself; my 16 year old self who was supposed to be dead from this attack; now I will know how I survived and my current parents saw me at the ruins in Magnolia.

“Stay away from her Zefyr! I know why you came here!”, Dad warned him, gesturing protectively at my mother and I. My mom hugged me tight in her arms.

“That child of yours is the only heir to the throne! She has to die!”, Zefyr said.

“Is it really the throne you are after why you have to kill her? I know why you want her dead Zefyr and I’m not going to let you!”, Dad said.

“You will not get in the way of my plans! You will not take this away, not this time Zeref!”, the Dark Lord unleashes a large amount of magic power. Dad countered it with his. The room is collapsing by their powers clashing.

“Wendy, take Juvia and leave! It’s dangerous here!”, Dad ordered. Mom tightened her hold on me.

“No! I will fight alongside you!”, Mom insisted.

“Now is not the time Wendy, I can’t risk losing either of you! I can’t hold him much longer!”, Dad said keeping his power as strong as possible but Zefyr doesn’t look like he’s making an effort against Dad.

“Dad! Mom!”, I tried helping them but I can’t, there’s nothing I can do, this is just a memory.

“Wendy go!”, Dad shouted. Mom held me and told me we have to go.

“But Dad!”, I said while being pushed by my Mom.

“Sweetie we have to go!”, Mom ordered.

“Where do you think you’re going?”, Zefyr asked. He blew up the doorway to make sure we can’t escape. “Who said you could leave?”

“Zefyr please, you don’t have to do this, maybe we can settle this the other way out, maybe we can talk about this”, Mom begged.

“Huh? Did you ever considered that option when you rejected me? I loved you Wendy, and you chose this piece of trash instead of me! Now you want to talk?”, the Dark Lord snapped. In an instant, he exploded a very huge ball-like magic which engulfed my Father.

“Zeref! No!”, Mom shouted while crying. The ball-like magic then busted and then we saw Dad laying and not making any signs of movement. “No, it can’t be!”, Mom cried and tried to reach her dead husband.

“Don’t worry Wendy, I only have to kill his heir, I’ll spare your life”, the Dark Lord announced. He walked towards my direction; my 16 year old self can’t do anything but sit stiffly covered in fear and crying for what she just witnessed. The Dark Lord raised his hand, creating the same ball he did which almost killed my Father.

“Mom!”, my 16 year old self cried.

“Juvia!!!!!!!!”, Mom shouted and ran hurriedly to my side. I hugged myself trying to protect my 16 year old self from the impact which did not happen.