Chapter 18: Secrets and Deception

It’s already been 2 days since we arrived Sakura Village and it’s been that long since I’ve been working with Levy to manipulate my power of time travelling. She helped me a lot and now, I got the hang of my power. I tried to time travel once; I went 8 years ago and saw a little thing about my past. I was 10 years old by then and I saw that boy who saved me from the river again. Now I know who he is. It was Prince Gray, so we know each other since kids. We were childhood friends. I knew when I heard Father and Mother talking about me one day. They said that Prince Gray was the one destined for me. That he was the one the High Priest of the castle, Master Natsu has seen in his visions. He said that we have a very rough future we must face and that in time, we will be separated by fate. This must be it, it was happening to us now. His visions were real, however I haven’t found out where I could find him or where his whereabouts might be. Then I saw my mother gave me a necklace, it has a very huge locket the size of the clock in a wristwatch engraved with many hearts and leaves. There was an encryption that says: “With all my heart and soul”. The necklace was as pretty as it lay on my neck as I see it. How come I haven’t seen it with me? Where is it now? These questions have lingered to my mind for a long time.

I haven’t told Rito and Ryo the full reason why Lucy and I don’t want to leave the Village yet. We just told them that we wanted to wander around the village longer and that Lucy had friends that she still wanted to accompany longer. That wasn’t totally a lie since Lucy and Levy has been friends too. It was a good lie as well because I know Ryo would approve of it since Lucy is involved.

It was not long when I am able to control my new power completely. Before we said our goodbyes to Levy, she gave me a message. She told me it was from my mother when she accidentally saw her when she time travelled a long time ago.

“Princess Juvia, I know that you can use your new power completely now, and you might use it in the future, but still, I have to tell you, never use it unless necessary. Your mother, Queen Wendy, was a very strong woman indeed. She saw me when I was travelling through time and gave me a message to be passed on to you. She said ‘Please tell Juvia that no matter how hard the obstacle she may face, remember that you will always have someone with you. As long as you believe in yourself, you can do it, whatever you might find out, please remember that it was all for you and try to understand everything as hard as you can, I will always be with you and so is your Father, take care’. That was what she wanted to tell you”, Levy said.

“I understand. Thank you very much for all your help Levy, I am forever indebted to you”, I said.

“Don’t mention it, after all, we’re friends right?”, Levy said smiling.

“Right”, I said.

We were packing our stuffs one night to prepare for our departure the next morning when Rito and Ryo decided to buy some equipment in the village. Lucy and I were left alone in the inn where we are staying. I was arranging our bags and I noticed that Rito’s things were in a bit of a mess so I decided to arrange it after I am done with Lucy and mine. Lucy fell asleep already before I was finished. I knelt down on the floor to start arranging Rito’s things on his bag when someone whispered my name.

Juvia

I turned around to look for the one calling me. I found none.

Juvia

It called me again, I was somewhat scared because the whispering doesn’t stop. Suddenly it was dark. I can’t see anything anymore. I tried to run but it’s like I am running for a very long time and doesn’t seem to bump on anything, has the room became this large? I should have bumped on the wall by now but I haven’t. It was not long when I saw something not far away. It should be very dark but I can see someone standing in a black robe. I’ve seen this before, that black robe is the same from when we travelled with Lucy in Ryo’s past. He was the one responsible for murdering Ryo’s family. He walked towards me lifting one of his hands to me. I ran as fast as I can to get away from him. Does this mean he will kill me too?

“Juvia, I have been wondering where you’ve been all this time. It seems you are yet to awaken. Poor child, you still haven’t had a knowledge of who you are, aren’t you?”, he said. His voice sounds like a grave.

“Who are you? How do you know my name?”, I asked, my voice is shaking.

“Oh don’t fret my dear, surely you have no knowledge of me, after all, your memories have yet to return”, as soon as he said it, there was a vision. There was blood everywhere and there’s fire. I saw my mother and father laid down the floor with so much blood and I can hear screams.

“No!!! Stop!!!!”, I was screaming and pleading him to stop.

“Was that frightening? I’m sorry, but you see, you are the only one who was able to survive from my attack. I can’t let you go so easily”, he said taunting me.

“Y…Yo…u..aaaa..rrre…the….Dark Lord?”, I barely made my voice come out. I can’t believe it was him. I can feel the rage and anger flowing through my whole body. I wanted to have revenge for what he did to Ryo and to my family as well. He was the one who killed them as far as I know so far.

“Oh no need to rush yourself to die. You should wait. You are still so weak. It would be such a waste to kill you so easily; after all, you have such an amazing power within you which I am interested in getting”, he said restraining me and holding me to my place with black straps holding my hands and feet.

“Really now? You’re a coward! You deceived Ryo to make him think you are his comrade didn’t you? And yet you killed his family when he was distracted on the war! You are scum!”, I can’t hold back my anger.

“Deceive? Look who’s talking. How much do you know the one who’s with you? Do you perhaps want to know what deception really is?”, he said and then everything was back to normal, we were back in the room where Lucy lay sleeping in the bed and Rito’s things were under my feet. But my body is still restrained and the Dark Lord is in front of me. He took something from Rito’s bag. It was a necklace. It was the same necklace that I saw from when I travelled through time. It was mine.

“What?”, I gasped.

“You see? The one you thought you can trust, deceived you. Unless why would this be in his bag right? You clearly know what this is. It’s the necklace that your mother has given you a long time ago isn’t it? If that person really is what you thought of him to be, why would he keep this from you?” he said while laughing.

“You’re lying! It was all a trick! You probably just made it look like you took it from his bag when the truth is you have it with you!”, I said.

“Am I now? Why don’t you ask him yourself? Ask him who he really is. You will know what deception is. Get stronger, I’ll be waiting”, after that he disappeared. I fell to the floor, the necklace on my hand. I stared blankly into space and I heard the door opened.