23

A/N Listen to Unhinged by Nick Jonas while reading this :) I'll let you know when.

Recap:
He didn't think about the words before he spit them out. "I think I'm gonna go away for a bit."

Harry's eyes widened significantly, "What?! Where?"

"Listen, I'm tired. I don't want to talk about all this tonight. I'm just letting you know now, Alright?" Louis tried to reason.

"We are talking about this tomorrow," Harry stated slightly annoyed.

"Okay."

The rest of the time was spent in silence while Louis attempted to watch his cartoons. It became too awkward and tense so he ended up just going to the guest room and locking the door. There was a small TV in there. It wasn't much and only had like 10 channels but it'd have to do.

He snuggled into the lonely double bed and turned on the TV. In the living room Harry sat on the couch lost in his thoughts.

He really didn't want Louis to go. He didn't want Louis to leave and think about breaking up with him. Harry couldn't handle being without him.

The only reason Harry hadn't gone completely and totally insane was because Louis was always there to comfort him when his thoughts were threatening to take over.

Harry turned off the TV and shut off the lights in all the rooms. He went to the bathroom to get ready for bed. When he was finished and dressed in his night wear he got into bed.

The hours ticked by and Harry didn't get a wink of sleep. His thoughts were consuming him. Quietly he slipped out of bed and snuck into the guest room where Louis was (thankfully) sound asleep. Harry scurried over to the other side of the bed and climbed in carefully. He slid under the sheets and snuggled into Louis who was completely unaware of everything.

Within 20 minutes Harry was out.

-

When Louis woke up he woke up to a heavy arm draped over his waist. He rubbed the sleep from his heavy eye lids and looked down to see Harry's head tucked into his armpit.

When did Harry come in here? And how did he not notice??

Louis yawned and stretched. He gently grabbed his phone from the night stand and went through his Instagram news feed. He had finally made one after weeks of Jules begging him to.

Speaking of Jules, he had a text from him.

[8:13 am]
From Jules: Good morning beautiful ;))! I was wondering if you wanted to do something today? It's alright if you can't but that'd be awesome if you can! Text me back❤️

Louis smiled and responded "sure! What time?"

He set his phone back on the table and his body moved a bit causing Harry to start stirring awake. Louis suddenly started to get tense. This was about to be awkward..

Harry opened his crystal green eyes and wet his lips which were dry from sleep. Slowly he blinked his eyes repeatedly. Louis watched quietly as Harry started to come out of his sleepy state.

"Lou?" His voice cracked. His green eyes looked up to Louis who was already gazing at him.

"Why are you in here Harry?" Louis asked, void of emotion.

"I couldn't sleep by myself. I tried but I couldn't fall asleep," Harry said tiredly as he sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"Oh."

Harry peered at Louis shamelessly as he dragged his eyes over the boy. Louis noticed the soft red of the whites of Harry's eyes from rubbing them too much.

"I'll just go," Harry mumbled as he scooted his feet to the edge of the bed.

"Wait," Louis spoke, Harry turned to look at him, "we need to talk remember?"

(Play song on side now)
Harry nodded and turned to face him. "So.. I wanted to stay with someone else for a bit. Beck thinks it's better for me and my well being."

"I know you're probably expecting me to beg you to stay, but I know I can't do that if you really want to leave. So I hope wherever you go you have safe travels." Harry trailed off quietly. His heart clenched to let Louis go but he didn't know what else to do. It was apparent now that Harry had officially run out of chances.

"Uhm, wait really? That's it?" Louis questioned amazed. Harry nodded with a small frown.

"I can't stop you when all you wanna do is run away," He murmured with a weak smile and a shrug. The guilt was starting to settle in Louis' chest.

"Harry-"

"No Lou. I get it- okay? I know I have some things to work on, as do you, but I don't want to trap you here and victimize you. Don't feel bad for me, I had it coming," Harry stated sadly. Louis nodded with a pout.

He crawled over to Harry and gave him a tight, long hug.

"I know this is hard. For the both of us. I want to give us space to properly work this out, and I want you to know that I love you and cherish you. I hold you dearly close to my heart and don't ever forget that," Louis pulled back and studied Harry's face. He looked tired and trapped in his mind.

"And before I go I just need to ask for one thing."

"Wait, you're leaving today?" Harry butted in with his brows drawn together in confusion.

"Yeh, Hazza. I don't wanna prolong this and then change my mind."

Harry nodded understanding and decided to help Louis pack a suitcase. Quietly they folded the clothes that Louis wore most together and pressed them down into the bag.

And if Harry slipped in one of Louis' favorite shirts of his, he didn't need to know. He would thank him later. Maybe not in person but in heart.

Harry remembered after they were done packing that he cut Louis off, "Sorry, what were you gonna say before?"

"Oh. Um I just wanted one last thing before I left."

"What?"

Louis nervously walked over to Harry who was on the other side of the bed. His green eyes tentatively followed Louis. He stopped in front of Harry's taller figure and grabbed his face gently before kissing him.

Harry immediately pulled him closer as if he was deprived. Their lips nipped at each others hungrily. Harry pulled back after a good minute of snogging with his eyes a dark green. "How can you kiss me like this then leave me?"

"I'm sorry," Louis breathed then re attached their lips.

He kissed Harry like it was the last time. And maybe it was.

Both were left in the dark with how long this break would drag on for. It could be days, it could be weeks. That was the thing with Harry and Louis' relationship they always came back to each other no matter what.

So Louis kissed him like there was no tomorrow and Harry kissed him like he lacked oxygen.