22

Since y'all voted so fast here's a surprise-2-days-early update :)

The tension in the house was getting unbearable for Louis. Harry still had not said a single word to him since their fight. Louis was starting to think this was it and his heart was breaking over it.

Beck said Louis needs to give himself a break, whether that be dealing with the silence or staying with someone else for a bit. So Louis had been pondering on it for a while. He really was stuck and didn't know what to do.

He loves Harry so much it hurts. But Harry couldn't just apologize. Louis didn't even know what he was thinking about. The whole thing was one big mess.

It was early still and Louis had just gotten out of the shower. He was drying off and looking at himself in the mirror.

He wasn't liking what he was seeing. His hair had gotten significantly longer, now falling over his eyes in a shaggy way. His ribs were more visible than they ever were and his face seemed slimmer. Eye bags had formed under his eyes from the past sleepless nights. Louis shook his head disappointedly. He never wanted to end up this way.

He could look in the mirror and point exactly every flaw on his body. Probably why Harry never bothered to propose anyhow. Louis guessed it didn't matter now seeing as how well his relationship was going. You'd think it'd be four years strong then marriage. That's what you'd think. But that's not the reality, because this wasn't a fairytale and Harry just wasn't a prince.

Louis pulled on some clean pajamas and went down to the living room. He definitely wasn't going anywhere. When did he ever?

He plopped down on the couch and flicked on some cartoons. Pulling a blanket on him, he fell asleep to the noise of the TV. Too loud to overthink and too soothing to stay awake.

He was so exhausted it wasn't long before everything was fuzzy and he was pulled into unconsciousness.

When Harry woke up he groggily went to his bathroom and did his routine. Then he was out and changing into his work clothes. It took him about 30 minutes until he was ready to go. He heard the living room tv on as he walked down the hall.

Quietly he peered into the room and saw Louis unmoving on his spot on the couch. He took a few steps forward and realized he was sleeping. Harry took a couple of minutes to study the boys face. He seemed tired due to circles under his beautiful eyes. Harry sighed.

He didn't know what to do he had been at a loss of words since Louis last told him off. He didn't expect all that from Louis. Usually the boy was a little more closed off.

Harry stepped to the couch silently and pressed a soft kiss to Louis' forehead. He had to put a stop to this fighting nonsense soon. He could feel Louis slipping through his fingers.

Harry left and stopped to get breakfast before heading to work where him and Zayn chatted it up instead of actually doing work.
-

When Louis woke up it was one pm. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and stretched slowly. Then he slumped back into his spot for a couple of seconds before getting up. He went to the bathroom first then went to Harry's bedroom.

He spent the next hour doing their laundry then when he was done he crawled into Harry's bed and fell back to sleep. His nap an hour earlier didn't do his system justice. Either he was very tired or just very depressed. Whatever it was, he was drained of energy and emotions.

Louis fell in and out of sleep over the next 2 hours and he finally got up again to make some food. He ended up making a little too much for himself so he put the extras in a tupperware in the refrigerator.

He knew Harry would probably eat it. After that he sat on the couch wrapped in his blanket and watched Scooby Doo.

He hummed along to the theme song with a small smile on his face. It brought back nostalgic feelings. All curled up on the couch watching his childhood favorite show.

Louis' brain zeroed in on nothing and didn't focus again until he heard the door opening. Harry walked into the house with a sigh and slipped off his boots.

He ran his long fingers through his hair as he looked up and gazed at Louis. Then he set his stuff down on the kitchen table.

When he was done he went to the living room and sat hesitantly beside Louis. He wanted to end the silence so he wanted to start small.

Clearing his throat he said, "what are you watching?"

Louis' eyes casted on his blanket cautiously, "uh, Scooby Doo."

"That's cool..." Harry replied softly. Louis nodded with a grim expression and kept his eyes on the TV.

He didn't think about the words before he spit them out. "I think I'm gonna go away for a bit."
-

I'm chewing my nails lsskksskks

Not literally

But like

I'm nervous ya know

We never know what's happening next sksksk