21

The next day Louis stayed holed up in the guest bedroom until Harry left for work. Harry didn't even attempt to check on him.

Go figure. Louis changed his clothes into a plain shirt and sweat pants they kept in the guest drawers. For emergencies. I guess you could say Louis' life was starting to be a damn emergency.

He sluggishly ate a bowl of cereal and watched TV for a couple of hours.

It wasn't until a phone call from Jules that he perked up.

"Hello?"

"Heyy princess," Jules cheesed from the other end of the line.

"Hi," Louis squeaked out."

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing. Wanna come over?"

"Harry's okay with that?!"

Louis sighed, "I don't care what Harry is okay with. We aren't speaking right now."

"Oh..I'm sorry."

"It's okay, are you busy?"

"Nope! I'll be over in 15. Is that alright?"

"Of course!!" Louis smiled and ran to the bathroom to look presentable as soon as they hung up.

He brushed his teeth and hair, which, truth be honest he wasn't planning to do until now.

After that he fixed his hair a little with some gel. Not too much, he didn't want to look like a try hard.

After 15 minutes passed by Louis was straightening up the living room when Jules knocked on the door.

He rapidly fixed the couch pillows then rushed to answer the door. Jules stood there with a smile that made Louis's heart melt.

"Hi Julie!" Louis grinned as he tugged the taller boy in a tight hug.

"Hi little one!" Jules enthusiastically said.

"I'm not small," Louis pouted cutely as he pulled Jules inside.

"You are small."

"No! You're just really big," Louis laughed as he plopped down on the couch.

"I have other things that are really b-"

"You stop it!" Louis scolded as he swatted Jules arm. Jules laughed as he sat down beside Louis.

His face turned from goofy to serious in a matter of seconds.

"So what's going on? If you don't mind me asking."

Louis sighed as he thought about everything, "well I found security cameras in our house yesterday.. and Harry said he installed them to make sure I'm safe," Louis mocked Harry's stupid lying voice. Jules nodded for him to continue.

"He installed them to watch me because he had suspicions of me cheating on him with someone named Beck."

Jules eyebrows rose, "and who's beck?"

"My therapist," Louis finished gloomily.

Jules mouth formed into an "o". "So what happened after that?"

"We argued a little cause Harry claimed it wasn't his fault because I'm quote on quote a secretive crazy bitch. So I told him off about all of his faults since he didn't want to take responsibility of that one," Louis finished with slightly tearful eyes. He explained that he told Harry all of his feelings and he didn't say anything. By the end Jules was rubbing his back comfortingly.

"It's alright Lou.. you're so strong and anyone would be lucky to have you."

"I just hate fighting w-with him. I love him so much and I just want to make things work but I don't think I c-can by myself."

"Right. It's a two way thing. If Harry doesn't want to shape up you can't force him to Lou." Jules hugged the smaller boy in his arms while Louis sniffled.

"Why does my heart have to say one thing and my brain say another?!" Louis grumbled as he wiped his face into Jules shirt.

"Okay, ew," Jules laughed and Louis cracked a small giggle.

"I'll get you a tissue," Jules said as he went to find some. He found a small package in the bathroom and brought it to Louis who looked miserable.

"If your heart wants him so bad and he keeps coming back to you then maybe you are right for each other, just..not right now."

Louis nodded and sniffled as he rubbed his nose with a tissue. "Maybe you're right. He can use a little maturing," Louis smiled as Harry's childishness ran across his mind.

Not the bad things though. The good parts. Like when Harry would call out of work just to make Louis feel better even though he knows he has responsibilities. Like when Louis' mom called him a couple years ago to let him know that she got married. They couldn't make the wedding so instead Harry brought home her favorite flower and they planted it together in their small flower garden during the Spring. Like when Harry would play with his food and try to make Louis laugh cause he had an off day. Or when the two tried to bake for the first time since Harry claimed he was a baker but instead of doing the baking they ended up eating the batter and getting it all over each others faces.

They had good times. Louis knew it. They did love each other. Louis knew that. But maybe Jules was right. Maybe it was the right thing at the wrong time.

Time was always tough to go against.

"You know if you need ANYTHING I'm always here for you Lou. Okay?"

Louis nodded and Jules grabbed his cheek.

"Can I kiss you?"

Louis' eyes widened and Jules rolled his. "Here."

He grabbed Louis' face and kissed his cheeks as if he were a small baby. Louis laughed and let his head rest against the couch.

Jules coddled him the rest of the time and when Harry came home he wasn't too pleased to see Jules with his boy on the couch. Neither of them noticed Harry. Jules was knees deep into a story and Louis was facing him on the couch with his arm resting on the top of it and his legs curled into his thighs. He had a small fond-like smile on his face as he kept eye contact with Jules.

It wasn't until Jules turned around that he snapped out of his gaze. "Hi Harry," Jules said unsurely. He looked at Louis who shrugged.

"Hi," Harry replied flatly as he left to their bedroom.

Jules continued his story and when he finished he wished Louis a goodbye and good luck with the whole situation. Louis thanked him for being there for him and they had a long hug before Louis was alone again. He sighed and went to go to the guest room.

He ran into Harry entering the bathroom. He paused and they looked at each other waiting for something. Harry turned away and closed the door and Louis shook his head disappointed. What else is new?

He went into the bedroom and fell asleep alone for the second time.