7

When Louis woke up in the morning he was in Harry's bed instead of the guest room and his hand had a white bandage on it. He sat up and saw Harry still fast asleep on the other side of the bed. Louis' heart ached at the sight of him, he loved him so much it hurt. He knew behind the mask that Harry loved him, or at least appreciated him. He hated himself for trying so hard but never being enough. He wanted to run away but he knew he wouldn't because there was a string attaching his heart to Harry's and Louis could never snap it.

Louis climbed out of the bed and quietly went downstairs to make Harry a cup of tea just how he liked it. After that he set it in the microwave and vacuumed up the glass from Harry's favorite mirror that he broke. Then he threw the glass away and wrapped up Harry's lunch for work later and set out a small bowl of fruit and oatmeal for his breakfast. When Louis got done wiping down the counter Harry came downstairs and sat at the island. "Morning," Harry grumbled as he dug into his breakfast. Louis hummed in response as he walked over to Harry and hugged his naked torso from behind.

"I'm sorry for breaking your mirror, I didn't mean to," Louis began softly, "and I'm sorry I'm not good enough for you." Harry dropped his spoon in his bowl making it clank and causing Louis to flinch and pull back. Harry turned around abruptly and looked at Louis with an unreadable expression. The silent stare went on for about a full minute before Harry decided to speak up.

"Don't ever say that about yourself!" Harry said. Louis looked at the ground embarrassed and scuffed his feet around the carpet awkwardly.

"Louis," he sighed, "I'm not good enough for you. I'm just too selfish to let you go," Harry said as he tilted Louis' head to look at him.

"Okay," Louis whispered.

"Don't worry about the mirror, I can get another one. I'll see you later okay?" Harry asked as he kissed Louis' forehead. Louis nodded and hugged Harry goodbye as he left for work. Louis sighed as he looked around deciding to start on the laundry.

-

When Harry arrived home Louis had fallen asleep on the couch in the middle of his chores from being so mentally exhausted. Harry decided to let this time slide and give Louis a break. Since it was only 8 Harry got into his pajamas and carefully changed Louis. Then he joined a sleeping Louis on the couch and flicked the TV on to watch his cooking show. He never actually cooked but he knew Louis liked to and he often found recipes for him to try.

About an hour later Harry turned off the TV and carried Louis up to bed and set him down under the covers. Louis rolled in his sleep and saw a glimpse of Harry turning off the lamp. "Goodnight Hazza." Harry froze at the nickname Louis used to call him so very long ago when they had just started dating, slowly a grin spread across his face and even if it was just for one night Harry felt as if it was like old times again.

He crawled into bed and cuddled against Louis, "Goodnight boobear." Louis looked at Harry and his cheeks glowed pink as his confidence shot up and he surged forward to kiss Harry on the lips, not scared for once. "I love you Haz," Louis smiled as he cuddled his face into Harry's chest.

"Me too," and although Harry hadn't really said it, it still had Louis' cheeks burning because that's really all he ever wanted from Harry.

Don't forget to vote! I was really excited to post this story and so far I'm not receive the feedback I was hoping for :/

This book was in my drafts for over a year!

Show some love if you like it so far❤️