13

As Louis expected the temper thing was not completely gone.

Harry had bought a box of brownie mix so they could make them and let's just say Louis wasn't paying attention to the oven because 10 minutes later the smoke detector went off.

Harry came running into the kitchen with his fingers covering his ears. He spotted Louis taking the burned brownies out of the oven and that mixed with the piercing sound of the detector really got to his head.

"What the fuck did you do!?"

"I-I'm sorry! I forgot it was in the oven!"

Harry growled in anger, grabbed one of the bar stools, and aggressively dragged it under the detector. Then he climbed on it and shut the thing off. "What the hell were you thinking!? Do you know how much danger you just put us in?" Harry instinctively stepped closer with an animalistic look in his green eyes.

"I'm sorry," Louis whimpered as he stepped back into the counter.

"You always fuck up. You won't ever be good enough," Harry said so low that it almost sounded like a threat. A couple tears trickled down Louis' flushed cheeks and just as Harry was almost chest to chest with him he ducked under his arm and ran for the door. Harry's eyes blazed with anger and he shouted for Louis to stop.

Louis shakily slipped on his toms and opened the front door then scrambled out. He only got as far as the lawn when Harry tackled him and started to drag him back into the house. The wretched sobs escaping his mouth brought Harry back down to earth and he released Louis who fell into the grass crying. Harry gripped his hair in distress and quietly apologized a million times.

"You aren't sorry, you don't love me. You're a phony- a- a coward," Louis sobbed; sitting on his knees with his head down.

His arms sat between his legs with his wrists facing up as if he was in chains. And in a way he was.

"Then why don't you just leave!? Go, get the fuck out then!" Harry shouted out at him. The dead silence crept up on them both. Harry had never yelled like that before. That was his anger hitting the roof. Louis shook his head for a while as he wiped the silent tears and rubbed his nose with the back of his sleeve.

"I can't," Louis spoke quietly. He wondered now why he came back to Harry in the first place. He knew, he was just searching for any other reason.

"Why not?"

"Because I love you," Louis' voice cracked and he refused to make eye contact with Harry. Harry. Who's world just came to a crashing halt.

When Louis finally looked up he watched as Harry silently walked back to the front door and inside the house; slamming the front door behind him.

Louis let out a huge sigh. He was a fuck up.

This was supposed to be a good night and he ruined it. He's the one who turned Harry back into a monster.