Chap 11

●Kanwal●

I have been arguing with my Mom since the past 30 minutes. Its kinda creepy debate. She is thinking super straight.

I sighed.

"Mama why don't you understand. You are taking things on a different level."

"I am just saying what i feel."

"And why is that. And let me be more accurate, you were the one unhappy over their arrival here. Weren't you Mama?"

"Leave it. I have started to think differently." She further added "Riya is a really good girl. Plus she is the only daughter of Mustafa Bhai. She is a beloved one. And i think--"

"You think?" I raised my eyebrows.

"I think Kanwal, she is really  good for our Zain."

I looked at her with utter surprise. And my mouth fully open.

"Wait wait what am i even listening? Fews days back you were so against them. Like you weren't even giving in to let them live here. And that was all because Chacu (Uncle) Mustafa refused to marry your sister. You just never ever contacted them, even on the day when Riya's mother died. And what now Mama how it all changed within three days."

"Beta i hate him, he refused to marry her and then my poor sister married  some man who never treated her like his wife. She suffered alot. And that's all because of Mustafa Bhai"

"Don't be sad that was in Khala's fate. It was ordained. Why are you blaming Mustafa Bhai. Besides everyone has their rights to choose their spouse."

"Don't gush about people like a grown up woman. You are still twenty only."

"And so is Riya." I made a face.

"Riya may be his daughter. But i still want her for our Zain." She spoke thoughtfully.  "Her father has a well ranked business in Australia and she is his only daughter. What do you think whose gonna run it after him? Of course his only son-in-law."

"And that son-in-law can't be Zain."

"Why not? Look at them both. They look so cute."

"Have you called me here for your already planned scheme." I groaned, "Zain has to run our Father's business. Please stop thinking like this. That's really inappropriate." I sighed "shouldn't be saying but you sound like some evil mother in law from Pakistani Dramas."

"That's not what i am really going to do. I was just wondering about that."

"I hope so." I drew my lips in a thin line and kissed her cheeks before leaving her room.

***

I And Riya were in the kitchen and we decided to bake a cake. Zain just brought all the stuff. And now we are on our way to destroy the kitchen.

"Oh my Gosh it needs so much stamina!" She dramatically yelled while mixing all the ingredients with a big mixing spoon.

Poor Riya.

"Actually blender is not working so you have to mix it like this for the time being."

"Gotta use my Asian powers." She giggled as i applied oil with the brush in the pan.

After batter was all ready we carefully poured it into the pan and shoved it into baking oven.

Riya

After setting the time for cake Kanwal left for her room. I was sitting on the stool in Kitchen. I had Nutella in my hands so that i could do frosting of the cake with it. Meanwhile Zain walked in, looked around. When he noticed that cake was in oven, his shoulders hung down in frustration.