Chap 3

( Kanwal is Yawar's cousin, Zain's younger sister)

Kanwal•

I shot my eyes open. I jerked up from sleepng position. No no this cant be possible this is just so unreal. How can i sleep before 12 am. I waited so long and i slept at 11:30pm, God it was so close. I must have wished him. It is cousin's birthday. My beautiful Gorgues Cousin, practically Brother.

Its Sunday so no going to University,

"Yay!" i happily squeal in my bed and pound my head back at my pillow. I started to roll in my bed and before realising that edge wasn't much far i felt myself in air and the next very second on ground with a sharp pain running up my left knee.

"You evil!" i cussed ground under my breath

I limped towards the bathroom door, hissing in pain. I took a quick shower came out wearing a light pink maxi with black pants and black Hijab. I wore my black sneakers with light pink glittery laces. I put on my Mascara with a little light pink lipgloss and voila im ready to go. Oh no wait my handbag where is my handbag.

My gaze start to wander across the room, i ran towards it just as my eyes caught my handbag laying on the sofa. There you are, You evil. Everything is evil.

I grab my keys and surreptitiously went out of my room, downstairs, hallway and main door. I know my Mom would never like that.

"You go girl!" i say as i twist the keys into my car

Yawar•

I hear someone running up the stairs, stomping. Wonder who got the audacity to make such a stupid noise that too in my home. Wait! These footsteps are becoming more louder.

I was about to turn my head towards the door when it bursted open revealing my crazy cousin's figure, twistng her handbag into her hand.

"Happy Birthday!" She came inside, opened her bag, got a chocolate out and threw it at me.

Before i could register, it jad hit my nose.

"What even-" i say rubbing my nose "What is that? Are you crazy?" i raise my eyebrows.

She widened her eyes and says. "What? Isn't your birthday?"

"And why are so grumpy?" She further asked.

"We ain't kids anymore. Who are excited for their birthdays."

"You are right we ain't kids but still-" Kanwal trailed off. "Khair. I am waiting for you downstairs."

I nodded at her.

***

I went downstairs wearing up my wrist watch.

I saw her busy in Kitchen, helping Umaima.

After breakfast was served, Kanwal left saying she had told no one about her leaving this early.

When i was done with my whole day of work and in evening had some time to relax, i found a text on my phone.

'Hello. Do come here at dinner.'

***

I opened the door of my Dadi room and sneaked in, i saw her doing some work.

"Boo!" She jumped and I couldn't help but laugh at the top of my lungs, she turned towards me. "So that was you hmm"

I shrugged, a huge smile plastered on my face. She mini slapped me. I moved my fingers in a way showing tears flowing down.

She shook her head. "Grow up. I am finding a girl here for you and look at you!" I saw her smile dreamily as she spoke.

Her smile, its precious because it is same to my Father's.

"I am not getting married. Not ever!"

"You can't run away."

"I may agree on what condition."

"Whats that?" She made a curious face.

"If you find me someone like you." I winked. "I have read Dada's poetry. It states how pretty you were." I elbowed my Grandmother.

"Kids nowadays are so shameless." She surged to slap me again but i backed away, laughing.

***

We all were sitting on the dining table, having our dinner. They all wished me a happy birthday. We, kids, will be going out and having some fun  whatever these two meanies have decided. I've already made a call to Haroon and i was satisfied to know that he had done all the things i assigned to him.

"So Shayan's mother has found some girl for him its his engagement in the next two days. I wish him a good life ahead" she says while taking a sip from her cup.

"Yes Ami Jan he is a gentleman, his wife shoud surely be a lucky one." My aunt spoke while nodding.

I started to eat my Biryani faster and gestured Zain and Kanwal to do the same so that we can leave soon. I knew where it was going again.

"Our Kids are Maa Shaa'Allah growing up so fast." Grandma said pointedly looking at me. I awkwardly smiled at her as if i didn't know what they are saying.

I heard Zain and Kanwal suppressing their laughs, i shot them a glare but these idiots were furtherpissing me off.

"I think we should find a suitable girl for him and Insha'Allah we will wed her to him." She said looking deeply into her cup of tea smiled.

Allah knows what running in her mind.

Salam yo💖
Peple how are you all dont forget to vote and share
Also tell me your ideas in comments

By the way my college is InShaa'Allah about to start. Oh my Allah i have so many plans can't wait to execute them alllll InSha'Allah

And follow me on Instagram @ sidrahreads

AllahHafiz✨✨✨