Chap 9

Yawar●

The next day, i met her at the Gloria Jean's. In a mint coloured shirt and denim jeans, she had me forget everything once again. Curls in her hair fell loose over her shoulders, silver tint shining bright under the light.

"You wanted to talk?"

She nodded.

"I have something to tell you."

I took a seat. "What is it?"

"I wanted to thank you for everything you have done for me." Tears were brimming in her eyes.

I placed my hand on hers. "Why do you say such things. You know that i love you. I would to the end of this world if you wanted me to."

She laughed slightly over what i said. "Why would i want you to go away from me." She replied cheekily.

"How cute! Now stop tearing up like babies at everything."

"It's really hard for me to control my emotions these days." She giggled, sniffling a little. "I am making some very important decisions of my life."

I raised my eyebrows. "Inspiring!"

She smiled at me with something in her eyes that i couldn't reach. "Mind if you share them with me."

"Not now. But soon."

"Oh crazy! i would love to know your plans."

"I like it how energetic you are today. I mean i got to see it after such a long time."

I let out a laugh. "I am happy. Because today i got to see you."

She just shook her head, looking away, a smile plastered on her lips.

"Remember Hani, back then we used to hang out everyday. Now we have got ourselves so busy, can't get to see each other for days."

Our order came and we had it in silence.

"What are you doing these days at your apartment since you have got no job."

"I am doing all those things which i couldn't do because of my busyness."

"That's great."

"I-" she trailed off.

I cocked my eyebrows. "You good?"

"Yah!" She gave me sweet look before saying, "i don't know how would you react to it."

I getured her to proceed.

"Yawar that guy from the other night who broke into my apartment, he was Asim."

I stiffened for a while.

"But when you came in, you were calling him with other name."

I took her cold hands in mine once again, "he was faking himself for all these days to you and me being a fool didn't for once asked you to show me your new friend. "

"Did he ever do that he shouldn't have?" I asked after a while.

She shook her head. "He once tried to but i didn't let him."

I leaned back as a wave of relief washed over me, i looked outside the window at the hustle and bustle. My jaws clenching.

"Yawar?"

"Hm?"

"What are you thinking?"

I shook my head,"nothing in particular."