71.Smile

Your POV

The sound of the busy traffic outside floods into the window in the room. Judging by how much of the sunlight is in my room, I'm guessing it's already past noon. The thought of me lying in bed until noon makes me laugh.

Where is the old me? The one who's usually cheerful and loves to talk with others? The one who likes to eat and never misses a meal?

I let out a bitter chuckle at the unamusing thought and slowly make myself out of the bed. Moping around in the house won't do any good.

I was my face with cold water to fully wake myself up, feeling a bit better and refreshed. Good thing I took a shower at night because I hate taking showers in the morning. It's too cold and I'm too lazy.

As I pass by the dining table, my eye catches something that wasn't there before. I walk to the table and pick up the photo. Oh. There are multiple. It's me at the graduation. Three photos in total. Jungkook must've dropped them off here.

I haven't been picking up any phone calls or replying the texts. Jimin had always rung the doorbell but I never answered. He'd yell at me to let him in. That he's sorry.

How many times has he said that? He ignored me when I was going through a hard time when Yoongi disappeared. I feel like I should be ashamed of my childish behavior but I'm not.

I put down the photos when a tear slips out of my eye, rolling down my cheek.

He didn't come. I had really hoped he would. That's what always happens. The guy comes back to his girl and surprises her. That day definitely did not have any surprises. And that day didn't have any joy. It was my graduation day.

He said he'd be back. When exactly? I'm tired of waiting. I'm too scared of waiting.

I sit down and turn on my phone. When it's on, I scroll through my missed calls and text messages. They're mostly from Jimin, some from Taehyung and a few from Jungkook. I stop scrolling when I see a particular name.

Ahjumma.

I called her many times before and she finally called me back after a year and I missed it. I immediately call her and pace back and forth in the gift-filled living room. It almost seems like Christmas with so many wrapped up boxes that are unopened. Averting my gaze from the haunting scene, I let out a frustrated sigh when it goes straight to her voice message.

As if on cue, the doorbell rings. I roll my eyes and head towards the kitchen instead. To my surprise, there is actually food in the fridge. Jungkookie is so caring. He came to my graduation and bought me food. I grab a drinkable strawberry yogurt and twist open the cap. The doorbell rings again, every few seconds. Little annoyed, I yell. "Go away, Jimin! I'm not in the mood!" I look around in the fridge again to find some blueberries, taking it out.

"Noona, it's me."

I turn away from the fridge and towards the door where the voice came behind it. I rush to the entrance and open it. There stands Jungkook, with very blushed cheeks.

"What are you doing here?" I open the door wider for him to come inside. He steps in and coughs. He doesn't look at me but pokes the inside of his cheek with his tongue.

"I just wanted to take you out for dinner," he says, his cheeks flushing redder as seconds pass by.

"Dinner?" I look at the clock which reads 5 pm then at my attire.

Shit.

I then realize why he's being all shy like the first time we've met. I'm in my tank top and joggers.