59.Notes

Your POV

"You're still here, y/n?"

I look up to see my homeroom teacher peeking her head in. I tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear, "Oh, I'm sorry. I lost track of time." I stand up, collecting my books.

"It's alright," she says. "I just have to leave early today."

I bow and walk out.

"How's Park Jimin doing?"

I turn around, "Park Jimin in our class?"

"Yes," she chuckles. "Your best friend Park Jimin."

"I saw him at the school spring party a few weeks ago," I adjust the backpack strap on my shoulders. "He seems to be doing fine."

"I see," she locks the sliding wooden doors. "He better hand those assignments in. They're late." She faces me, "Well, be safe on your way home."

I bow again, "Have a good night, teacher." She smiles and goes down the dark hallway. I breathe out slowly. Just when I was starting to forget about him, he's back on my mind again. I look down both halls to see no one. I don't hear any sounds either. Is it that late already? I take out my phone and immediately dim the screen that's blinding my eyes. 5:21 pm. Damn. I shove it back into my blazer pocket and start heading home.

A school is a creepy place at night. Especially at night. While it's bustling with students and teachers during the day, it's a graveyard at this hour. And no one likes to walk through graveyards. At least I don't.

My footsteps echo off the walls, which I don't ever hear since there are other noises on top. Right now, I hear my footsteps. It bothers me 'cause they sound creepy. Then, my ears pick up slightly heavier sounds of footsteps. And they're behind me. My heart almost jumps up to my throat but I walk faster, tyring to keep quiet. The light shines just a bit through each door I pass by. I figure the person has already seen me, noting that the footsteps are following me. The thought makes me more anxious and I quicken my walk into a jog.

"Y/n," the voice calls out. It's a he. His voice is deep and gravely. It sounds muffled too. I don't turn around but run. I come to the end of the hall and go down the wooden staircase.

"Y/n! It's me!" the voice is closer and I blink quickly, getting rid of the tears that were formed from fear. How does he know me? How can he even see me? I can barely see a thing in front of me!

And of course, there has to be an endless winding flight of stairs. I start skipping a few steps in order to get away faster. Above me, I hear him finally coming down the stairs.

Oh God, please let me live.

My foot all of a sudden trips on nothing and I fall on my side. I jump back up to meet the person. He's dressed in all black, face covered with a mask.

"HEL-"

He grabs me by the waist in the blink of an eye and covers my mouth with the other hand. He's holding me so tight that I can't move or do anything. All I can do is squirm but his grip is strong. The little hairs on my body stand up, tensed.

There's a creak above us, "Hello?" the voice echoes in the empty school. IT's a teacher. "Anyone down there?"

I stomp on the guy's foot hard, desperate to escape and get help. Then, I feel a small pain on my earlobe. "Keep your mouth shut," he mumbles lowly against my ear. "Or I'll have to shut it for you."

Did he just bite my ear?

My eyes widen terrified to my bones. He breathes hard on my neck, sending chills down my spine. I expected people like him to smell like cigarettes or alcohol, but no. He smells nice. I push the thought away. This is no time to think like this.