62.Answer

Jimin's POV

She starts sniffling as she looks up at me with those eyes. I tuck the stray hair behind her ear and she takes stuttering breaths. I stroke her hair, "Deep breaths, y/n. Take it easy."

She nods and I can't help but feel broken inside. Her face is now stained with tears and I brush them away with my thumb.

"I-I don't know if you want to talk about it," she whispers.

"Of course I want to talk about it," I look carefully into her eyes, trying to figure out what she's hiding. They seem sad and depressed. Dull. They don't hold any light.

"Are you sure?" she encloses her small hands over mine.

I get a weird feeling. Why is she so hesitant to tell me?

She bites her lip and pulls my hands down. "Never mind," she says, smiling weakly at me.

"No," I say. "Tell me." I then notice that she's shivering. I take off my hoodie and wrap it around her shoulder, "Here. Let's go to my dorm first."

She doesn't say anything but follows with my hand on her back as I lead her. It's something obviously sad. She won't tell me right away. I steal a sideways glance at her to see her head hanging low. I can't see her expression with the long hair in the way but her body language tells all.

When we get to the building, I cross my fingers and hope nobody sees us. I hand my mask over to her, "Here."

"What-"

"Just quickly wear it," I put it on for her and drag her in, practically sprinting down the hallway. There are voices ringing through from I don't know where. I push her in the room, locking the door behind us.

She takes off the mask, giving me a confused look, "Why the mask? I'm not-" Then her lips form an 'o'. "You can't be seen with a girl."

My eyes widen, "How d-did you know?"

She laughs, "You're gonna be an idol, duh."

I scratch the back of my neck, "Oh yea." I guide her to my bed. "Ok now, spill."

Her shoulders go limp and those eyes are back. They dart from place to place anxiously as if to think of a way to get out of the conversation and topic.

I lean back on my palms, "Come on, y/n. You can tell me."

She brings her legs up, crisscrossing them to get into a comfortable position. "Alright," she breathes nervously as if she's on stage or something. "So you know, Yoongi oppa?"

I raise my brows. This whole thing was about him? A twinge of jealousy grows within me. I clear my throat, "Yeah. What about him?" Was she this caring about me? Did she even cry over me? Although I had wished for her happiness, it's hard when you're wishing it for your first love who's with someone else.

She looks down at her hands, "He's gone."

There's a moment of silence. My lips part open, "He's gone?"

She nods, eyes welling up with tears again, "I think someone kidnapped him."

"Kidnapped?" I sit up. "How?"

She shakes her head, "I don't know. But someone left a note saying, 'I'll be back'."

I frown, "And he couldn't have written that."

She exhales deeply.

I have nod words. Guilt washes over me as I think of how childish I was thinking, being jealous of him. I gently hug her. "Y/n," I whisper. "I had no idea."

She sniffles lightly against my neck, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"What the-"

We quickly pull away when a deep voice interrupts from behind the door.

"Anyone in there?" It's Taehyung and I start to panic. I gesture y/n to get under the covers.

"Uh y-yea," I yell. "I'm getting changed, hold on." I throw off my hoodie and look for a shirt to change into.

"But we're your bros," he laughs. "Why are you shy all of a sudden?"

I hear the door unlock and I jump into my bed and throw the covers over my exposed body. Fortunately, y/n is mall enough to look like there's no one underneath the covers with me. I rest my head on the pillow as the door opens.

"Why'd you lock the door?" Taehyung walks in, swinging the key on the chain as it wraps around his long forefinger. Jungkook follows in behind him with a banana milk in his hand.

My heart beat loud and fast; I remain silent. Can't get caught now.

Just leave. Please leave and go play video games.

"Where were you, hyung?" Jungkook asks as he sits on the bed across from me. Oh shit.

"Just walking around," I answer in a monotone with a straight face.

"No you weren't," Taehyung looks over at me as he lies down on the bed Jungkook is sitting on. "You were in here."

I lick my lips. What is he saying?

He picks at his fingers, "Doing something that you aren't supposed to do."

Jungkook gasps, covering his mouth with his eyes wide open.

That nasty-

I scrunch my nose, "Shut the fuck up Tae-"

A ringtone pierces through the air, ceasing us from making any movements. It's an unfamiliar ringtone. It's a girl song. A ringtone none of us uses. And it's right behind me, underneath the covers. I freeze, praying that it'll stop ringing.

But it doesn't. 

Jungkook almost chokes on his banana milk, "Hyung, I didn't know you were an IU fan too."

Taehyung points, "Aren't you going to answer that?"

A/n: You guys should stream Epiphany. It's so beautiful~