53.Feelings

Jimin's POV

There she is. Standing right in front of me. Her hair is down, trickling down her bare shoulders like a graceful waterfall. Those pretty lips of hers part open as her eyes meet mine, shocked. Her hands clutch the ends of her dress. 

That dress. 

Although it's dark with flashing lights in the gym, I recognize it right away. The black dress flows above her knees, fitting her body just perfect in all the right places. My heartbeat speeds up at the memories but when she averts her gaze from me, my breath gets caught in my throat. She walks up to our table, "Yoongi oppa, let's go."

I look at her then back at him. Yoongi oppa?

Yoongi hyung stands up, hobbling, and she grabs his arm. 

This scene. A scene I've seen so many times. 

Then everything clicks. 

At her workplace, when I first saw Taehyung. 

When I saw her walking with a guy the opposite way of the orphanage. 

The time I saw her outside of Taehyung's apartment. 

The weird phone call. 

Then at the piano academy. 

Living with him. 

Roommate.

I grab onto the table for support, getting dizzy with the sudden realization. How could I have been so blind?

"Y/n," I say out loud for them to hear over the music. She stops and looks over her shoulder, still holding onto his arm. Jungkook takes little steps backwards, watching us awkwardly. My eyes linger on her hands, which are tightly wrapped around his arm. I shake my head and look into her eyes, "We need to talk." 

She flinches and Yoongi hyung gently pulls her hand, "I'll be here. You guys go." Jungkook quickly helps him back to the seat and he sits down in a chair next to him. Before y/n could protest, I grab her hand and push through the people. She staggers behind, obviously stating that she didn't want to talk with me. The thought hurts. All these years of being friends then treating each other like strangers. No. Worse than a stranger. 

When we finally approach out in the hallway, she draws her hand back and huffs, "I don't want to talk with you." The hallway is dim, the moonlight shining through the windows, casting eery shadows along the wall. Her eyes are determined and fierce. A while ago, when she's like this, I'd pinch her cheeks and hug her. I'd find it so hot and attractive. Now, it's a different feeling. 

I sigh, "Y/n, we can't keep on ignoring each other forever."

She crosses her arms across her chest and scoffs, "You can't. I can." She's so small and too adorable that I can't stay mad at her.  I grab her arms without thinking and pull her in but she tries to push me away. And fails. "Jimin! Let go!"

The feeling of rejection is one of the worst feelings you could ever feel. She gives up when she sees that she can't win against me. "Y/n," my voice comes out low and husky. She looks up, startled. The eyes that were once filled with happiness is now dark, filled with anger and terror. Caused by me.  She looks away and guilt washes over me, making me feel ten times worse than I already am. "Do you really want us to ignore each other-" I tip her chin up. "-forever?"

She blinks fast and gulps, "Yeah," she breathes, looking back and forth between my eyes. 

I lick my lip which causes her to stare at it, "Really?"

Her long lashes flutter and she gulps again, "Y-yeah."

A smirk forms on my lips and I cup her face, "Well, I can't."

She sucks her breath in sharply then shakes her head, shoving me away, "Jimin." She looks at me differently now. Calmer than before. "I won't ignore," she says, looking down at her hands. "But you can't do this."

I cock my head to the side, "Do what?"

She takes a deep breath, meeting my eyes with hers, "I told you this the last time we met." I hold my breath. I know what she said the last time. I remember. "I can't return the same feelings you have for me."

I shut my eyes as a sudden pain stabs my side, "You like someone else?"

She nibbles on her pink lips, nodding hesitantly. 

I swallow the knot in my throat, trying to ignore a thought in my head. It can't be him. She was just helping him. "Is it Yoongi hyung?" My heart pounds hard against my chest. It seems to be louder than the music booming in the gymnasium down the hall. Then, a group of girls walk through, pausing to look at us but when I give them a glare, they let out a sound that sounds like a squeal and scurry off. I focus back on y/n, who still hasn't answered.

She suddenly takes my hand, "Jimin. The past times we talked, it never ended right, did it?" I lift my brows, nervous of what she has to say. I have no idea what she has in mind and it's making my mouth go dry. She gazes up into my eyes and I have trouble looking back at her. She's so breathtaking. Her plump lips seem to glow, making it look even plumper. I drag my eyes back to her. She licks her lips before continuing on, "Let's not see each other anymore."

My body goes limp, "What?" It's like the air within me all vanished. Her face is emotionless and so is her voice. 

"All our recent conversations have just made our friendship- our friendship break apart." She says in a monotone. 

No. This isn't happening. I blink hard to escape the dream but find out it's reality.  I shake my head, to really make sure this was actually happening. 

It is happening. 

"So I don't see why we'd talk more and end up feeling more shitty," she bites her bottom lip while looking down at our hands. 

"Y/n..."

She smiles weakly at me, "This is for the best, Jimin. Our best."

I shake my head, "No, no it's not-"

"Wait," she places an index finger on my lips. "I'm not saying to completely ignore each other." She exhales softly, "Text me if you really have to talk to me. We just won't meet up and stuff."

"Y/n," I pant. She looks at me with empty eyes. "Is it Yoongi hyung?"

She  gently takes my hands off, smiling sadly, "I wish." 

A/n: 

Where's his mullet?!?!?!! D: