5.Roommate

Your POV

"You can stay over,"

I look over at Taehyung. But I just met him today. Plus, he's a guy; I can't trust this perverted human being. On the other hand, I have no heart to go back "home". Ms. Kim will beat me if I came back at this time. Taehyung is nice too.I guess I have no choice.

"Are you sure?" I ask, a bit worried.

"Yeah, you could meet my roommate too. He's quite-" Taehyung pauses as if to look for a certain word. "special."

DING

"Oh! That must be him," I follow Taehyung to the front door as it opens. I immediately bow, "Annyeonhasaeyo," I stand up straight when the roommate doesn't say anything. He's drenched. His clothes stick to his slim figure from the rain. His hoodie is up, casting shadows down half of his face.

"Hyung! OMG, I didn't know it was raining. Where's Holly?" Taehyung wraps an arm around his roommate as he leads him to his room. "Y/n, I'll be right there," I nod and go into the living room, settling down on the leather couch.

"Sorry about that," Taehyung apologizes. "I don't want him to catch a cold." He takes a seat beside me, leaving a respectful amount of space between us.

I turn my body towards him, "What's his name?"

Taehyung leans his head back, crossing his arms, "Yoongi. Min Yoongi. He'll come out after his shower." He starts to fidget with the cushion on his lap, "Y/n, what do you want to do after high school?"

The memories.

"Mmm," I pause. "I wanted to become a pianist, but now, I want to become a graphic designer."

"Pianist?" Taehyung faces me with one arm draped on top of the couch. "Why did you change your mind?"

"I don't know," I chuckle. "I like drawing better. How 'bout you?"

"I wanted to become a singer," he focuses on the floor with a sad smile. "but my parents disagreed because I wasn't good enough or something," he sighs before continuing on. "But later I found out that becoming a trainee isn't cheap, and my parents work on a farm so...I didn't give up. I'm actually saving up for it," he flashes me a boxy smile, I smile back, giggling how cute he looks.

Right then, his roommate appears and Taehyung stands up right away, wrapping his arm around the guy's shoulder. "Hyung, this is my friend y/n,"I wave at him, but he doesn't wave back. In fact, he doesn't even look at me.

"Hey," his voice is deep, much deeper than Taehyung's. His black hair is still wet from the shower as droplets fall from his bangs. His pale skin is tinted pink, and his nose- wait, I've seen him somewhere before.

"I'm tired Taehyung, I'll talk to you later," Yoongi teeters a bit going into his bedroom. Taehyung watches until his roommate closes his door.

"Well," he coughs. "Sorry about that. He's not the friendliest person, you know?" I nod slowly, trying to recall where I've seen him. "What are you thinking about?" Taehyung sits back on the couch. "Is he that hot?"

"W-what?!" I stutter unconsciously. "No, I thought I-"

"Oh?" Taehyung cheekily smiles. "but you're blushing."

I bring my cold hands to my flaming cheeks. Yeah, he is hot. Of course. But where did I see him from...

"Oh!" I exclaim, causing Taehyung to jump in surprise.

"Fudgesicle y/n, what is it?"

"I saw him at the piano academy," I tap my chin, nodding, "Yeah, that's where I saw him."

"Yoongi? Which academy?" Taehyung asks.

"The one closest to our school,"

Taehyung nods.You know that one?"

"Yeah," he says. "He goes there every day."

"How old is he?"

"He's 18. He's done school."

"Tch," I scoff. "He sure didn't act like an 18-year-old when I first talked to him."

"Why? What did he say?" Taehyung raises his perfect brows.

"He didn't say anything," I retort. "He didn't even look at me.If you meet someone, you greet them, right? I mean, he could've at least said 'hi' or something. But no, he didn't spare me a glance or talk to me."

Taehyung stares at the floor, not saying anything about my ranting.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I quickly realized how it kinda sounded like I was badmouthing his roommate. "I didn't mean to sound rude, it's just-"

"It's ok," Taehyung meets my eyes, smiling slightly. "A lot of people feel the same way you do. I even felt like that when I first encountered him." Taehyung runs his long fingers through his hair, "I had moved into this apartment and I was unpacking and stuff, waiting for him, my roommate. He came, and he had brought a dog too. At that time, I was trying to get situated in a new city and I didn't have enough money, you know?"

I nod, taking in all the words that leaves his lips.

"I kinda let out my frustrations out on him that day about like, 'How could you bring a dog when I'm having a hard time with financial issues.' I can't even afford to pay for my living cost."

I place a hand on his knee, "I know what you mean," The corners of his lips lift a little.

"After yelling at him for like half an hour, he was still standing there, saying nothing back to me. And like he did with you, he didn't look at me. You know right then, I was so pissed that I was about to go outside to cool off. But do you know what he said before I could leave?"

I look at him as he bites his bottom lip. Taehyung hangs his head low before shoving his face into his hands.

"What did he say?" I gently rub his back, as he starts to shake uncontrollably.

"He said-" Taehyung's voice cracks. "he needs the dog because-" he begins to sob. I rub his back in small circles to calm staggered his breathing, "Shh, shh. It's ok, Taehyung."

His exhales deeply  before he whisperes, "Because he's blind."

A/N: Hey guys!!! Thank you soooo much for reading this fanfic~ I'm really enjoying writing this one and I hope you're enjoying reading it too^^ I hope you liked this chapter, please vote, that'll mean so much to me. Also, comment your thoughts and or anything, I'd love to hear from you guys. Lastly, follow me to get notifications for my updates.

'Till next time,

JYP