14.Helpless

Taehyung's POV

"We'll send some guys over to help you move the stuff tomorrow evening," the PD says. "Once again, I'd like to congratulate you," he shakes my hand.

"Thank you so much! I promise I'll do my best."

He gives me a smile and leads me out the door. I walk out of the Big Hit building.

Yes. I finally qualified. I'm going to be a Kpop star.

I didn't actually have work today. When y/n told me about this entertainment company, I decided to audition since I didn't pass JYP's or Cube's.

I sent Big Hit a recorded video that I had filmed of myself rapping and they called me, saying they wanted to me in person. Well, the boss wanted to see me in person. Although I entered wanting to be a rapper, they made me sing and said I had a better voice for singing. I actually surprised myself too, today. I discovered something new about myself. They said I will be debuting in a group that's still unnamed. I didn't get to meet all the members except for one, Rap Monster, who's going to be the leader. He is really tall, with a deep rapper's voice. As soon as I saw him, he already seemed like the leader to me, like the responsible one.

8:17. The interview ended earlier than I thought. I shove the phone into my pocket and feel my hand brush against something. I pull out a 10 000 won bill. I don't think we have any ramen at home anymore. Walking to the nearest convenience store, I quickly pay for 10 packets of ramen and carry the bag out the store.

Gosh, I still can't believe it. I'm a trainee.

I laugh to myself at the thought. Does this mean that I have to be in disguise whenever I'm in public? I shake my head. Probably not. Not yet, at least. Nobody really knows Big Hit. I didn't know them either.

My feet paces faster, as I think of y/n and Yoongi hyung at home. I wonder how they'll react once I tell them. Ugh, I wish I was older. A beer would be good to celebrate this kind of news. Oh well, ramen will have to do.

I take the shortcut, down the abandoned street. Well, not abandoned since there were some run-down buildings with signs that were illegible.

Then, something catches my attention. Someone. It's a girl in a school uniform. My school's uniform. Wait. It's not Monday, is it? We don't have school on Sundays. She has sunglasses perched on her nose, her face covered with a black mask, and had her school bag. She's pulling a suitcase behind her. Quite a big one, I might say. She lifts her head sensing someone is walking down the street and she starts to walk faster. Weird. I don't say anything when we pass each other. Wait. The scent. It's so familiar. I turn around.

"Y/n?"

The covered figure halts for a second before moving on as if she didn't hear me. It's her.

"Y/n!" I run after her grabbing her wrist. I carefully take off her sunglasses, revealing those eyes. Those cute and innocent eyes that would always make my heart beat fast are now red and puffy.

"Taehyung," she breathes, pulling down the mask and dropping the suitcase on the ground. Her cheeks are stained pink.

"W-what happened?" I hold her shoulders, peering into her eyes as she tries to avoid mine.

"Nothing," she mumbles. Does she actually think that I'll believe that?

"Bullshit," I spit out. . She looks at me with wide eyes before shaking me off. She grabs the suitcase and tries to walk away but I grab her arm, holding her back.

"Where are you going?" I ask. Did she get kicked out of her house? Or is she running away? Why?

"I don't know," she answers monotonously, looking at my hand that's holding her arm. I lift my brows. She won't tell me what happened, and now she's going somewhere but doesn't know where.

I sigh, looking up at the sun-setting sky.

"Come with me," I take the suitcase in her hand and give back her sunglasses. I slide the bag of ramen that I have around my wrist down the handle of the suitcase.

I walk ahead of her, and she follows. me without complaining. She doesn't complain, but she keeps exhaling staggered breaths. I steal a quick glance at her. Her head is hanging low, her once bright face dark with worry.

What is she worried about? Did she get abused at home? The thought makes my blood boil.

"I'm sorry," she whispers all of a sudden behind me.

I slow down so she could walk beside me. I turn to her as we keep walking, "What for?"

"I left Yoongi oppa," she mutters, still not making eye contact with me. This girl. Does she even know what she's doing to my heart?

"It's ok," I say, grabbing her hand with my free hand. Her hand is so soft. And warm. And tiny. Cute. I lace my fingers through hers, squeezing it to calm her. She holds my hand tight.

"But aren't you worried? I just left him without telling him that I was leaving. He's by himself now and-"

"I'm not worried about him," I say under my breath. "I'm more worried about you idiot. Dammit."

She looked at me surprised. I never cussed and I guess it was odd for her to hear me say it.

"Oh," she looks back down, her hair covering her face. In the corner of my eye though, I see her flushed cheeks as the breeze whips the hair out of her face. We don't exchange anymore words rest of the way home. I don't realize we were still her holding hands until we get in front of the apartment. I let go of her hand to open the door.

"Thanks," she bows her head slightly and I walk in behind her. After punching in the code and entering my apartment room, I immediately drop her suitcase and pull her into my chest.

"Taehyung-"

"It's ok," I whisper, stroking her long black hair. Her body starts to shake and I feel her arms wrap around my waist. She starts to whimper. I pat her back, "Shh, shh, it's ok," I place my chin on her head.

A few minutes later, I feel my shirt getting wet. I gently pull away from her, holding onto her arms. She has been crying silently. Seeing her cry without knowing the reason why made me frustrated and helpless.

She looks helpless. Her eyes are red, bags formed underneath them from crying so much. Her whole body is limp and small. She still holds onto my shirt, not letting go.

"I'm sorry," she apologizes again, looking down at the floor guiltily.

"Stop saying sorry, dammit. You didn't do anything wrong," I lift her chin, finally making her meet my gaze. Her chapped lips parts a bit, making me want to wet it for her.

Shit Taehyung, focus on the situation.

"Stay here," I murmur as I pull her back into my embrace.

She shakes her head, "I-I can't. You've done enough for me."

I take her hands, "No. Stay here. I need you to."

She looks at me hesitantly.

"Please," I add.

Y/n lets out a shaky breath then slowly nods, "Ok."

A/n: Vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter!!!! Thank you so much for reading~