45

"Are you serious right now Lauren?!" Camila says as she storms out of the room and heads down stairs.

Lauren follows her out. "Well, yeah I mean, I don't know. I would want to know..." Lauren sighs and runs a hand through her hair while they walked down the stairs. "Wouldn't you?"

"It's not that simple Lo. Mani is out on her first date with someone who she really likes, not only that who we all really like. And she's pregnant with a baby that she can literally have any damn day now. And you want to tell her that her ex girlfriend who she was completely and utterly in love with that left her like nothing who mind you was in love with her best friend the whole damn time has come back and is asking to talk to her! You honestly think that it's a great fucking idea to tell her? huh Lauren?!"

"I don't know! She deserves to know. Plus Dinah said she just wants to explain her self not to get back together."

"She also deserves to be fucking happy Lauren. You honestly don't think that Mani may not think that Dinah might want to get back together huh? Normani never wanted kids. You know that, I know that, we all fucking know that. but here she is pregnant and happy she's even excited to have her daughter Lo. Not only that Frankie makes her even more excited about it. He reads to the baby every night, he talks to the baby. They both do. They play fight over who's going to be the favorite parent and all that. You've seen them, we all have. I don't think we should ruin that bubble for them Lauren. Especially since we don't know if Dinah really want to speak to Normani."

"I get it babe, and you're right. I do see all of that but Dinah told me that she just wanted to talk to her and that she tried to but she doesn't live at the old house anymore."

"That's bullshit and you know it. If Dinah wanted to find Normani she would have. Shit she found you didn't she? But yet she still doesn't know where Normani lives? How is that Lauren? Hmmm? Tell me? You wanna know how? I'll tell you how. Because she wasn't really fucking looking for her. So let's just cut the shit and be real here. What she really wanted was to find you Lauren not Normani."

Lauren sighs and walks to the couch and sits down. "She asked to speak to you too babe."

"Lauren can you not be a dumb ass for one second and fucking think."

Lauren looked at Camila in shock. "Wow... And how am I being dumb?"

"Well for starters that's a question only a dumb ass would ask, when they're being a dumb ass." Camila walks to the other side of the couch and sits down facing Lauren. She shakes her head and sighs. "Babe... Dinah didn't come back to talk to me or Mani, she came because she thought you weren't responding back to her. She wanted to see for herself why you were returning her letter and postcards that she wrote to you and Amelia. She came back for you two. I know that and deep down you know that, you just don't want to see it or believe it."

Lauren lays her head back and sighs. "I, I just... I miss her babe. Don't you? She was your best friend."

"I miss the her that she used to be, not this person. I don't know who this person is. Maybe some time in the future we can talk again but as of now I can't Lo. She was in love with you for years there's no way she's over you so quickly. Maybe.. I don't know. Give me a few more months okay. I know she meant a lot to you and Amelia. And honestly I won't stop her from seeing Amelia. But I think it needs to be at least two or three months after Mani has the baby. As for telling Mani I think we should tell her if and only if Dinah decides to reach out again and asks to see her. Then we tell her."

"Okay babe. If that's what you feel is best."
__________________
THE NEXT MORNING

"SO HOW WAS YOUR DATE?" Camila says as she goes to lay on Normani's bed with Juliet.

"It was amazing honestly. First he booked us a couples massage after that we went to this restaurant where you can play board games while you wait for your food. That was really fun especially since you know we're both competitive, after that he took me to the park and he laid down a blanket and some pillows so we can lay on them. Then he surprised me with my favorite cherry pie." Normani let out a giggle after the mention of the cherry pie. "We played music and laid there for a while and just talked. He read a book to the baby, he said he found it on amazon a couple days ago and he just had to get it, It just so happen to finally arrive today. After that he had me dance a little with him because he said he needs as much practice as he can get for when he dances with our baby girl at parties and around the house when she wants to play princess and prince. Honestly it was one of the most sweetest and romantic dates I've ever been on."

Camila smiles brightly at Normani. "It does sound like an amazing date Normani. Did you guys kiss?"

Normani ducked her head and shyly smiled. she looked back up and Camila and grinned. "I take that as a yes." Camila says laughing at Normani's reaction.

Normani started to laughing with her. "Yes. He said he wanted this to be like a real first date so he said he wouldn't sleep over tonight as much as he would miss me and the baby. Then he helped me out the car and walked me to the door. When we got to the door he asked me to make sure to call him if I needed him. and that he'd be here tomorrow around lunch to check in since he has to be at work early in the morning. I told him I will. And then he asked if he could kiss me. I said yes, and Camila it was amazing! I felt that kiss through my whole body. I've never felt that from a kiss."

"Well hot damn!" Camila chuckles at her choice of words. "That must of been some kiss."

"So... What's this mean for you guys? Are you going to try and be a couple or what?"

"I don't know, I mean I hope so. After yesterday I really want to try. I don't care about how he came into my life. I mean it was a shit way but I can't change it. I never wanted or seen myself with kids but having her inside me growing and moving I just fall more and more in love with her you know? And he, he just makes the future seem so exciting and so.. Bright. I feel like this pregnancy and this whole thing would have went differently if I hadn't had him you know? I felt like shit everyday for how I got pregnant, that I was pregnant. How my whole damn life was going. But he got me out of it and got me to see the positive and to embrace this. I'm just scared that in the end he won't want me or that he'll leave me because he was only with me for the baby."

Camila nods. She lifts Juliet from the bed and places her on her legs to bounce her. "I understand why you're scared Mani. I was the same way with Lauren because of what Austin did to me but it took my mom to literally remind me and knock some sense into me that she wasn't him. That they are two whole different people. And I'm so happy that I realized it when I did because then I wouldn't have this little love bug and Amelia in my life, along with the love of my life. I've never been this happy I honestly didn't know I could feel this way. I love my wife and my kids they are my world. And Lauren gave me that she gave me this life. If I would have continued with that mindset I wouldn't have this cute little jelly bean. So with that being said. It's up to you Mani to see that Frankie isn't Dinah, He isn't going to leave you like she did. He's been here since before he even found out the baby was his. He even said he'd stay around if it wasn't and after getting to know him we both know that, that statement was true. He'd still be around. Don't let someone else's actions dictate someone else's. Let his own actions speak for him."

Normani looks over a Juliet giggling while Camila bounces her. she smiles and then nods at Camila. "You're right Mila. I keep thinking that he'll find something wrong with me, that I won't be good enough, or that he'll realize he never wanted me to begin with and just settled like Dinah did. I just don't think I can handle that again."

"Normani, I can't tell you it won't happen or it will happen I don't know what the future holds but you'll never know either if you don't try. I'd rather try and be hurt than to never try and sit and wonder what if and hate myself for missing my shot."

Normani sighs. "Yeah, you're right. I guess I'll talk to him when he comes for lunch."

"Good. Come on lets get up and get something to eat, I'm sure I have some mess to clean too since Amelia thinks she can make her own breakfast now and Lauren lets her, and since they're rushing to school guess who gets stuck cleaning it up? Me." Camila says rolling her eyes.

Normani laughs. "And by make her own breakfast you mean getting 80 percent of her cereal on the kitchen floor and counter?"

"Exactly!"