7

3 months later..

Camila was 10 minutes away from Amelia's day care when she received a call from an unsaved number. It turned out to be the children's hospital she had applied to informing her that she had gotten the job. Camila was so ecstatic she had to call Lauren right away to tell her.

"Hey Camz! Everything ok?"

"OH GOD LO! GUESS WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!" Camila said excitedly.

Lauren couldn't help but giggle at how excited Camila sounded. "I don't know Camz tell me!"

"Lolo the hospital called me I got the job in the HR department."

"OH MY GOSH! Camz that's amazing!! Congrats! We are definitely going out to celebrate tonight."

"Thank you Lo. But we don't have to go celebrate." Camila says as she parks the car.

"Umm excuse me? YES WE DO! We are going out tonight and we're going to celebrate. No if ands or buts about it."

"Okay Lolo whatever you say. I'm about to walk into the daycare to pick up Amelia, I'll talk to you later."

"Okay Camz. Don't forget to talk to Ally about the preschool program for me. Are you guys going to stay at your parents house till I get off work?"

"I will no worries Lo. And yeah my mom said she promised to teach Amelia how to swim like a mermaid and Amelia said last night that Sofi owes her a dress up party so we'll be there for awhile."

"Okay Camz send me pictures please. Call me if you need me. If not I'll call you once I leave work. Oh and Camz congrats again, I'm really proud of you."

"Will do. Thank you Laur. I'll see you soon."

They hang up and Camila couldn't help the wide smile that appeared on her face. Ever since the day at the aquarium Camila, Lauren, and Amelia have been getting closer and closer. Camila spends most of her week at Lauren's, and for the last two months she's been picking up Amelia from day care everyday. Sometimes she takes her to her parents house, or they'll go visit Dinah and Normani, but most days they hang out at Lauren's and wait for her to get off of work.

"Hey Ally! I'm here to pick up Melly the mermaid, is she here!" Camila says loud enough for Amelia to hear her. Ally greets her with a bright smile.

Amelia immediately stops what she's doing and turns around to see Camila. "CAMZI CAMZI CAMZI!!!!!!! YOU HERE! YOU HERE!!" Amelia says running toward Camila.

Camila drops down to her knees arms stretch out waiting for Amelia to run into them and embraces her into a bear hug. "Camzi I misseded you soooo much.." Amelia says snuggling into Camila.

"Aww Melly I missed you too." Camila says as she stands back up with Amelia in her arms.

"I couldn't wait Camzi. I love when you come cause you give me the bestest hugs!" Amelia says as she lays her head on Camila's shoulder.

Camila's smile widen as she felt her heart swell. "Oh yeah? Even better than your mommy?"

Amelia's head shoots up and she furrows her eyebrows. "Oh no.... Camzi" she shakes her head.

"No one is better than mommy's, mommy's hugs are the besterest in the whole woooorrll, yours are the bestest in the wooorrll." Amelia says as if it was the most obvious thing.

"Ok my silly little mermaid." Camila says and she taps Amelia's nose. Amelia giggles and kisses her cheek then she lays her head back on Camila's shoulder.

Camila collect Amelia's things and goes to talk to Ally about putting her in preschool. Once they're back at her car she buckles Amelia in and heads to her parents house.

They get to her parents house and she puts Amelia in her bathing suit then makes sure to apply sunscreen on her before putting on her floaties. After about an hour in the pool Camila decides to get out and go into the kitchen to prepare a snack for Amelia. Sinu follows suit and leaves Sofi with Amelia in the pool.

"Mija.. what are you making?"

"I'm just making a grilled cheese for Amelia."

"I love Amelia so much Mija, she's such a sweet and smart girl."

"She is. Lauren is doing and amazing job with her."

Sinu nods in agreement. "Lauren is also very lovely and smart."

"Yeah she is." Camila responds and she flips the sandwiches.

"Mija... what's going on between you and Lauren? Are you guys dating?"

Camila was caught of guard. "Umm.. no, we're just friends mom."

Sinu shakes her head and sighs. "Well Mija don't you think it's time for one of you guys to make a move? I mean you guys spend all of your time together, you guys do tons of things together the three of you. She comes to our family dinners with Amelia and you go to hers with her family. Why don't you guys stop playing house and actually just start doing it?"

Camila is a little taken back by what her mom just said, she didn't know how to respond. She took the grilled cheese out of the pan and cut it into pieces for Amelia. After that she pulled some juice out of the fridge and poured it into a sippy cup and places it on the table.

Sighing she finally looks at her mom. "Mom I'm scared okay. I'm scared of getting hurt again. I mean look.. I was with Austin for almost 4 years and I wasn't enough for him he had to go and date a whole other person and live some double life. I can't stand the thought of not only, not being enough for Lauren but also not being enough for Amelia."

"Mija... Lauren isn't Austin. You can't fault her for things someone else has done. And Mija, Amelia loves you all she does is talk about you and Lauren you guys are her two favorite people in the world. Of excuse me I mean in the whole worrlllll." Sinu chuckles at the last part.

"I know mom but I just can't help it, I'm just super insecure right now and I can't help it. And if things don't work out with Lauren I'm not just losing one person I'm losing two people." Camila says and she pick up Amelia's towel from the couch and walks to the screen door.

Sliding open the screen door. "Melly my pretty mermaid, it's time to get out of the pool and eat baby girl."

"Okay Camzi! I come right now okay!"

Camila smiles at her. "Ok no running remember."

Amelia get out of the pool. "Okay." She says as she power walks to Camila. "See I no run." She says as she makes it to Camila.

Camila shakes her head at her and can't help but laugh at her silliness. She wraps her in a towel and dries her off then brings her to the table to eat her grilled cheese.

"Camzi. What time mommy going to come home?"

"She should be getting off soon baby girl we're going to take you a bath and then we're both going to get ready because you're mommy is going to take us out tonight."

"She is? Where we go?"

"I don't know she hasn't told me sweetie."

Sinu sitting at the table listening to the conversation decides to chime in.

"Amelia why don't you let Camila and your mommy go out for a little while, while you stay here with me and Sofi, we can play dress up and watch the little mermaid how does that sound?"

Amelia drops her piece of grilled cheese and beams at Camila nodding her head frantically. "Camzi can I, can I?? Please! Please! I be good girl I promise!"

Camila shakes her head at her mom, knowing she was up to something. She turns back to Amelia. "We'll have to ask your mommy okay? But first lets finish your food then we'll give her a call so you can ask her."

Amelia grins and claps her hand happily and goes back to eating her food. Once she's done she crawls onto Camila's lap to call Lauren.

Lauren agrees to letting Amelia stay with Sinu while her and Camila go out for a celebratory dinner. After an hour Camila goes to get ready.

Lauren had texted her telling her she was about to leave work then she was going to head home to get change and get some night clothes for Amelia. After another hour Lauren texts Camila that she's on her way to pick her up.