44

"Well hello Lauren, are you happy to see me or did I interrupt something?" Dinah says smirking.

"Dinah what are you doing here? How did you know where we lived, where have you been?"

"Well.. I'd like to answer your questions but I'm going to need you to put on a shirt. Your sports bra and abs are a little too distracting and please take care of that snake too while you're at it."

Lauren nods. "Uh yeah.. Umm do you want to come in or..?"

Dinah shakes her head. "Would it be fine if maybe we took a walk?"

"Uh... Yeah just.. Uh.. Just let me change. Give me five minutes."

Dinah nods. And Lauren closes the door and runs up the stairs to change into some jeans and a shirt.

When she gets to the room she quietly makes her way in. She looks at the bed and sees Camila still sleeping. She changes into some jeans, she still has a bulge but it's going down so that's good. She threw on a shirt and then left Camila a note telling her she'd be right back just in case she woke up.

She makes her way to the front door and puts on a pair of shoes. When she opens the door she sees Dinah sitting on the porch. "Hey.. you ready?" Dinah says as she turns to face Lauren.

"Yeah... lets go." Lauren says as she closes the door and locks it.

They start walking and no one says anything. They walk in silence for a good five minutes before Dinah speaks up. "Laur, how come you never wrote back?"

"What do you mean?"

"I wrote you and Amelia tons of letters I even sent postcards. I even wrote Camila some too. But the only responses I've gotten were from Ally."

"Dinah I never received any letters or postcards. Maybe it's because as you noticed we moved."

Dinah nods. "Yeah I did. It looks like a it's pretty spacious." Dinah says looking back at the house.

"After awhile I started receiving the letters back, but it wasn't till recently that I was. So, I figured maybe you guys were angry with me or something and didn't want to hear from me anymore since I didn't receive the previous ones."

"Dinah honestly I hadn't gotten anything."

Dinah nods again. "How's Amelia?"

Lauren sighs and runs her hand through her hair. "Dinah let's skip the small talk and just get straight to what you came here for."

Dinah sighs. And then crosses her arms over her chest. "So.. I just wanted to let you know that I've been doing a lot of work on myself. I went to this self improvement retreat in Florida and it helped. I felt like I needed to find myself, find who I was again. I know how I left was pretty fucked up to Camila and Normani not to mention Amelia but I would like to try and make amends and start over."

"What are you saying Dinah? Are you saying you want Normani back?"

"That part I still don't know. I love her yes that hasn't changed but as for being in love with her that I don't know. But I feel like when I talk to her then I'll know. My parents told me she moved out of our old place, I wanted to talk to her but I don't know where she lives."

Lauren didn't say anything. "I feel like she deserves an explanation as to why I didn't say bye. I need to apologize. I just hope she's doing fine, can you tell me if she's fine?" Dinah says searching Lauren's face.

"If I'm being honest I believe she's fine. But only Normani can tell you how she feels. I only know what I see and what she tells me."

Dinah nods. "I met someone at the retreat. She's really great. We became friends, after the retreat we travelled to a few states together. And I guess now we're kinda of seeing each other."