8

Lauren took Camila to a nice, quiet restaurant on the ocean with an amazing view. They were having such a great time durning dinner that they ended up sitting there for over an hour after finishing their food just talking.

The waiter had to politely ask them to leave without actually asking them to leave because they were busy and people were waiting for tables.

Once they left, the girls decided to grab some ice cream and sit on the beach. While they were enjoying their ice cones, Camila's phone chimed with and incoming text message.

Mami 💞:
Mija just reminding you that if you don't reach out for what you want someone else can come along and take it from you. Stop letting fear control you. Love you mija 😘

Camila sighed and rolled her eyes She didn't bother responding. She just put her phone back into her pocket. If she was being honest she knew Sinu was right but She just couldn't help the insecurities that creeped up inside of her. She sighed again and this time Lauren asked her what was wrong.

"Nothing. I'm fine."

"Are you sure Camz? You know you can tell me anything right?"

"I know Lo." Camila said giving her a weak smile.

Lauren reached over and lifted Camila chin with two of her fingers. "Camila please tell me what's bothering you." Then she moved her hand to gently caress Camila's cheek.

Camila sucked in a deep breath and then exhaled it. "Lauren... I really like you."

Lauren smiles. "I like you too Camz."

"No Lo. I like, like.. like you. You know more than a friend." Camila says looking down at the sand.

Lauren grabs Camila's hand and asks her to look at her. "Camila, I like, like... like you too. You know more than a friend." Lauren says with a grin as she nudges Camila's shoulder playfully.

After she nudged her shoulder Lauren decided to become serious. "Camila I haven't said anything about us because I know what you went through was hard and you need time to be ready and to allow your heart to trust again. And I'm willing to give you time. I would like you to want something with me just as much as I want something with you."

"I do want something with you Lo I want it more than anything but I'm just so scared I know you're nothing like Austin but I just feel so insecure you know. I feel like one day you'll wake up and realize I'm not enough and not want me anymore."

"Camz that's impossible. You are amazing, beautiful, sweet, and caring. You are more than enough please don't let something one idiot did make you question yourself and your worth."

"It wasn't just him though and you know that. When I went to live with Michael after my lease was up. He pretty much used me too. Granted I allowed it so I can have a place to stay and to keep up with my habit. But it just... it just broke something inside me. Michael used to be really sweet to me he was a great friend but I guess alcohol and drugs can change a person you know? During that time my confidence broke and all that I thought I was just wasn't there anymore. I turned into someone who was insecure and felt like I was just good for being used and made to feel like shit you know? I'm better now and I'm finding the old me again but fighting those insecurities are hard."

Lauren grabs Camila and holds her. "Camz you are worth more than you know. And if I have to spend everyday of my life proving it to you then I will. I'm not rushing you Camila. Please don't worry about losing me. Even if in a couple of months maybe you decide that we are just better off as friends or if you happen to meet someone else who you feel is better suited for you. I'll always be here for you Camila. All I want is for you to be happy. If you're happy then I'll be happy for you."

"Lauren there isn't anyone better than you. You are the most selfless person I've met in my life. I mean you had a kid when you weren't ready at all for it. You did it just so you can fulfill your girlfriend's wish of having a baby knowing that you'd be stuck raising it alone. There isn't many people who would do that Lo. You stuck by Elizabeth since she was diagnosed at 15 till the time she died all while working 2 part-time jobs to provide for the both of you and going to school. Just so you guys can live together like she wanted when she turned 18. You took her too all her treatments and you were there every night at the hospital despite how tired you'd be. Lauren you're a fool to think that there will ever be anyone better than you."

Thats when it clicked for Camila that she was a fool. A fool to allow herself to be scared of being happy with Lauren. Lauren isn't Austin, Lauren isn't Michael. and even though she's said it before it wasn't till now that those words actually spoke volumes to her.

So she kissed Lauren, she kissed her with all the emotion she can posses in hopes that Lauren would feel each and every one. And she did. Lauren pulled back from the kiss and hugged Camila tightly.

"Camz you're perfect and if you allow me to, I'd be honored to show you that for the rest of my life."

Camila pulled back from Lauren's embrace to look at her. "Are you asking me to be your girlfriend Lauren?"

"I can be whatever you want me to be Camila. I'm fine with whatever you're comfortable with. The ball is in your court babe." Lauren said with a sweet smile and then kissed her on her forehead.

Camila couldn't help the flutter in her heart when hearing Lauren call her babe. That's when she knew, she knew she had to be with Lauren, she knew at that moment that if she could have anything for the rest of her life everyday it would be Lauren calling her babe and looking at her just like she is right now with all the love and affection In her eyes. The look that makes Camila feel like the only person in the world, the look that's makes her feel like she hung the stars.

"Lo, I want to be with you, I want to be your girlfriend trust me when I say there isn't anything in this world I'm anymore sure about than this, than you, than us."

And with that Lauren places both of her hands on Camila's cheeks and kisses her. And Camila couldn't help but feel like this kiss, this kiss will be the kiss she will remember for the rest of her life.