(15) Secrets, Lies and Love

Start from the beginning

Because this was Chris's first year at a high school, and especially one where we lived, he was trying to get the details down early.

"Who am I going to walk with to see the parade though? You and the guys are all in it" he pouted.

In the early voting I was a candidate for Homecoming Queen. Then, at the coronation on Sunday night, they put the crown on my head. It wasn't something I wanted but if my classmates voted I figured I had better take it. Drew was voted king. Apparently our class thought it would be funny to see brother and sister as king and queen. Our parents were pretty happy over the decision. They were able to take a break to come and watch us get crowned.

"I guess you could always walk up there with your cousin. He isn't going to be involved with the parade at all," I suggested. Just because I had bad relations with Michael, doesn't mean his own cousin should feel animosity towards him.

"I never even thought of that. I guess that is what I will have to do," he pondered out loud.

"Wow, he forgets about his own cousin," I said to myself, just loud enough for him to hear, with a smirk on my face.

"Hey, now. I didn't forget about him. I just haven't thought about him," he defended himself.

"I suppose that is acceptable. You have been over at my house more than at his," I pointed out.

"That's true. I should probably cut my time with you down and start hanging with him more," he said smugly.

"Whatever you want dude. I guess that is fine with me," I said back just as smugly as him.

"You are good."

Throughout our conversation we had been leaning towards each other. So by that point, all we had to do was move a couple more centimeters and our lips connected. What started out as just a simple peck quickly transformed into something deeper. My hands moved to the back of his neck while his reached to my waist. His tongue skimmed over the seam of my lips and I was about to grant him access when we hear the clearing of a throat right next to us. We pulled apart quickly and I could feel a blush starting to form on my neck and cheeks. The color instantly dropped away when I saw who interrupted us. Ducky stood there with his arms crossed and a stern look of disapproval etched on his face.

"Mr. Adams, I understand that you have only been here a short time and that before that you were home-schooled, but here we have a very strict no PDA policy. And Miss Johnson, when you wear that crown you are representing our school and you are being looked up to by younger kids. Is that the image you want to give them?" He said his speech in a deathly quiet voice.

"No sir," I said, looking down at my feet.

"We apologize, sir," Chris filled in.

"I will let it slide this one time since it was a first. Just don't let it happen again," he said before walking away.

When he was out of the library, Chris started laughing, "Is he serious?" he asked.

"He has a point," I said quietly still looking at the carpet.

"I'm sorry Andy, I shouldn't have let it go that far," Chris apologized.

"I'm not mad at you. It was quite amazing so don't apologize. I had just forgotten where we are," I assured him.

"I guess we will just have to pick up where we left off later," he said with a wink as the bell rang.

We went through the rest of our classes and then after school Chris gave me a ride home while Drew had practice. When we got to my house, I went to put my bag in my room and Chris came up and lay on my bed. I sat at my desk and pulled out my homework. I didn't have to work this week because I needed every day off for something with homecoming.