(10) Secrets, Lies and Love

So I just wanted to say thanks to all my fans. And, I just wanted to let y'all know that I went back and edited the other parts of the story. There weren't very many major changes but there were some. If you read something from now on the doesn't make sense then that is probably something I changed. I just wanted to let you readers know.

Now, here is the next chapter.

____________________________________________

Chapter 10

"Oh dear God, please, I do not want to see this," I heard Drew say from the doorway. All of the guys were standing behind him.

Because I was almost a little sister to the guys, that all had looks of protection for me, which was hatred for Chris.

"Um ... I should probably get going," Chris said, getting uncomfortable. "I will see you later Andy." Chris walked to his car, got in, and drove out of our driveway.

I turned to the guys. "You guys are so dead," I said to them in a threatening voice.

"I guess you could call it payback for the water this morning," Drew said.

I was just frustrated. I walked past the guys and went up the stairs to my room. While I was on the middle of the stairs, my mom came out of her and my dad's bedroom to my right.

"How did it go honey?" she asked me in a chipper voice.

"It was great," I told her. "Well, at least until the last part."

"Why? What happened?" she asked, sounding worried.

"Mom, don't get so worked up so fast. He was just about to kiss me when that," I said pointing towards Drew, who just shut the door after the guys left, "opened the door and interrupted us."

"Andrew Hunter Johnson, I thought I raised you better than that," my mom scolded. It would have sounded stern if she wouldn't have been laughing.

"It is so not funny, Mom," I whined and continued walking to my room.

My room was my safe haven. Yes, I had my one whole wall of books, but that wasn't the best part. My room took up nearly half of the upstairs of our house. I had my own bathroom with a Jacuzzi-bath and a stand-up shower. My walk-in closet was also very big. The whole wall across from the door was full of my shoes, mostly different colored Converse, but also some heels, and many different colored ballet flats.

Back in my room, I have a queen-sized bed, a metal desk, and a black-colored low circle chair in front of all of my books where I could sit comfortably and read.

Right now I needed to relax myself so I put on some black sweatpants and grey, over-sized hoodie. I grabbed the book I was currently in the middle of and went out onto my balcony. I had a porch light out there so I could sit in a comfortable deck chair and read.

This book was written by my favorite author, LeAnn Thomas. She rights mostly romance books, but she also had the occasional mystery thriller. This was the genre I was currently reading.

After an hour of reading I felt relaxed. I walked inside and my brother was sitting on my bed. After just reading a suspenseful part in my book where something along the same lines happened to the main character, I jumped pretty high.

"Dammit Drew. Do you enjoy scaring me?" I demanded of him.

He just laughed, "I course I enjoy doing that to you."

I went and sat on the bed with him. This is something we usually did. I would play my iPod quietly and we would lay on my bed and just talk. We would always do this when our parents would be gone for a couple months for work. We do love our parents, don't get me wrong, but they were never really around when we really needed them the most.

"So," I started, "what's new?"

"Listen, Andy, we need to talk," he said to me. He was using the voice he would use when he was about to say something serious. "So the guys and I got back earlier and we heard Chris and Dad talking in the kitchen while you and Mom were in the other room. It seems that Dad knows Chris from the way they were talking. I can almost swear that I heard Dad call him Jason."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked him.

"I don't know what that is supposed to mean. I just wanted to tell you what I heard them talking about," Drew said with concern in his voice.

"I believe that you thought you heard something but I don't think that you heard correctly," I simply informed him. "I just think that I would know if there was something different about Chris. But, the only thing that is different about him is that he is nicer to me than Michael ever was and he puts up with my little shenanigans instead of putting me down about them."

"I understand what you mean. Since the first day of school when you met Chris, you have not really been sad about anything. I will have to thank him later for that."

"Well, Drew, I wanted to say thanks for being so nice to Chris. After what happened with Michael, I didn't think that you would let any guy within a ten mile radius of me," I said to him with deep sincerity in my voice.

"What are big brothers for?" he said back as he got up off of the bed and made his way to the door.

"It's only thirty minutes, Andrew," I shouted after him.

"I'm still older," he shouted back, laughing.

I got up off of the bed, thinking about what Drew told me he heard. "He probably just heard wrong," I assured myself. I shut and locked my door, a habit I have gained over the years, and then walked into my bathroom. After washing my face and brushing my teeth, I walked back into my room and slipped underneath the quilt that my grandma made me for my sixteenth birthday. The main color was orange and it had a whole bunch of different colored flowers on it. When I laid my head down on my pillow, it only took about five minutes for me to fall asleep. All the time I was thinking about what Drew told me.

Seeing as I went to bed early, eleven o'clock, I woke up early at nine o'clock the next morning. I decided to get up, instead of lying in bed as usual. I put on some gym shorts and a t-shirt and grabbed my iPod Touch and went for a run.

Today I decided that I would only run one mile, but I decided to drag that mile out by running at a slow pace. It only took my ten minutes to jog that distance. When I got back to my house I went upstairs to my room to take a shower. I put some sweats on and went to sit at my desk to do my homework.

When I finally finished all of the math problems and the reading questions, it was noon. I realized that I hadn't eaten anything for breakfast so I went downstairs to the kitchen to make myself something to eat. When I got there, however, I didn't really feel like cooking anything. I grabbed some lettuce, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower and mixed them together with some ranch.

As I was eating my delicious salad, I wondered where my family was. I looked around for a note that was usually left and saw one under a magnet on the refrigerator.

It said, "Andy, your father and I went to St. Cloud to get an outfit for the State dinner that we were invited to at the end of the month. Your brother went over to Stefan's house with the guys to watch movies. Have a good day and have fun at work tonight. Make some yummy Blizzards. Love, Mom."

I read the note and laughed at the end. My mother could be such a child sometimes.

After I cleaned up my dishes, I went back upstairs to my room and turned on the computer. I checked my email and Facebook and then turned the computer off. I still had three hours until I had to be to work so I grabbed my book and went on to the balcony again. I was just almost to the end, during a suspenseful part, when the alarm on my phone went off telling me that I had to get to work. I went back into my room and put my uniform on. This consisted of black shorts, the red DQ polo, and a pair of comfortable tennis shoes.

I went outside and got into my car. The seven minute drive to work seemed to go by faster than usual, and I even tried to drive slower. Something about the day was making me dread the idea of work. It was one of those gut feelings telling me to beware.