“Wait. So…what happened?” It got quiet again and all eyes were on Becca.

“What? Do I have a booger in my teeth!?” She laughed again and then passed out at the table. I looked at Ava and she bent her head down as if she was ashamed.

“Ava?”

“I wanted to tell you! I was the one who asked if I should call you!” I shook my head in disbelief. So she gave me all that crap about exes and she saw Anthony that very day!

“Keith, I see how angry you’re getting…just calm down. We can finish dinner and then you can talk to her when you get home.”

“I want someone to tell me right NOW!” I screamed. The entire restaurant got quiet.

“Anthony shows up to the baby shower trying to get Cara back. Cara tells him to leave and he doesn’t.”

“Why did she faint?” I say flatly but manage to stay calm.

“Because before he left, he gave her a check for 500,000 dollars.”

“What!? Where is it?”

“In her purse…” I got up and excused myself.

“Keith, where are you going?” Chris says.

“Home.”

“Don’t doing anything stupid!”

“No, she gave me all that bull about exes and she basically just saw hers! And he gave her money! Which she still has!”

“Keith I swear to God…”

“What? You’re gonna kill me if I touch her? Oh I won’t. I just need to know what the hell is going on in her brain!” I put my share of money for the food on the table and left. I got there in like a second and slammed the door opened. I saw Javon with his bag on his back and lipstick smeared on his face.

“You’re back early, where’s everyone else?” He says nervously.

“What the hell is that on your face?” I hear Cara yell something from upstairs.

“What’d she say?” I ask.

“I don’t know. But I gotta go. I’ll text you.” With that he walked past me and out the door. What in God’s name was going on?

“Cara!?” I yell. I knew she would take 10 years to get downstairs so I go up quickly. I was sitting in the rocking chair, wiping her mouth with a napkin. The same lipstick that was on Jay’s face. Oh, so this is how it is.

“Destroying the evidence?” I say bitterly.

“What are you talking about?” She says. I just stand there and glare at her. I tried to show as much hatred as I could but I couldn’t. She was so beautiful and even worse, she was holding my children.

“You’re home early.” She says. I walk into the room and touch the cribs. “Quick question, is Javon a single father?” I looked at her confusingly.

“No?”

“I knew it! That pervert!” What did that mean?

“You kissed him didn’t you?”

“No!”

“Yah, the lipstick you have on is all over his face!”

“Keith, just wait! That’s not what happened!”

“And you met Anthony today.”

“No, he ambushed me!”

“Where’s your purse Cara!?”