Chapter 18- You Couldn't Stop It From Happening

Start from the beginning

"Come on Jake, we're leaving." I call out, he comes out in his jersey with a smile on his face. His eyes were filled with hope. "Are you ready to win the championships?" I asked excitedly, he nods and jumps up and down.

"I'm ready!" My smile got even wider when I saw how excited he was. I pulled down my sleeves and grabbed his hand to lead him to the car. I never let him see me upset or angry, he's too pure to have to go through that.

I unlocked the car door and strapped him in. The whole ride there we were singing the song I made up for his team. Seeing him so happy gave me a little joy, and for once that felt good.
———————-
"Go Jake!" I cheer and clap as he makes it to first base. Suddenly my phone starts going crazy. I had so many different notifications from people in my school, most of whom I didn't even know.

I decided to open the posts with a smile on my face. That was a mistake. My smile easily faded to a frown when I saw the picture of Nick kissing Clara.

So many thoughts were going through my head. I wanted to cry but I knew that I had to be happy for Jake. I went in my bag and took out my trustworthy "water bottle" and started drinking it.

As the game came to a close, I was approached by Clara. "Hey." She said uneasily, I glared at her and said nothing. That look was easily replaced with a fake smile when Jake came and hugged me.

"Did you see that? I broke the tiebreaker!"

"I saw! It was awesome! How about we go get some ice cream to celebrate?" I offered excitedly, he nodded and did a little dance that warmed my heart. "Do you really think that's a good idea being in your condition Wren?" Clara said uneasily, I glared at her again.

"I'll be fine."

"Can Clara come too? It'll be fun!" Jake asked, I shook my head but before I could say anything Clara spoke. "I would love to. Lead the way little man." He jumped up and down excitedly as we walked to the car. Clara gave Jake her iPod so he could listen to music while she talks to me.

"Wren please talk to me."

"What is there to talk about? You kissed my boyfriend, you're both dead to me."

"Please don't say that. You're my best friend!" A tear falls down her face as I chuckle. "Yeah, some best friend you are. Who does that? You know everything I am going through yet you did it anyways knowing that I would find out about it."

"I didn't know-"

"How could you not know? We are the school's power couple. If someone could capture something that will cause drama between us then they'll do it. How could you be so stupid? After everything you and I have been through as friends you go and do this. I can't even look at you right now."

"Wren please slow down. You're swerving."

"Don't tell me what to do. I hate you." I started to lose control of the wheel, but I wasn't about to show her that. "Wren please forgive me. I never meant to hurt you. We were both drunk-"

"You don't think I've seen the way you look at him? The way you long for his affection. It's desperate and you know it but you don't seem to care. You know that I'm fucked up in the head but you don't seem to give a shit about me! You do whatever it takes to seem better than me. You're not a friend, you're a nuisance. I hate you."

"WATCH OUT!"  I turned my head back to see that we were heading off the road. Jake was screaming as we hit a tree in the woods. That was the last thing I heard before it all went black.