Comforting Silence

Asuna's P.O.V

After we stopped kissing, Kirito took my arm and led me to Menchie's. I happily followed with blush still on my cheeks. When we got there, I got chocolate frozen yogurt and Kirito got strawberry. We sat outside feeling the wind blow through each other's hair. While Kirito finished up, I looked up at him, about to speak.

Asuna: Can you tell me another hint about the secret?

I blushed remembering my theory. Kirito shot his head up and blushed.

Kirito: Uh-umm well..

Asuna: Please...?

Kirito: Umm... I love you.

Asuna: What?

Kirito: That's the hint.

Asuna: Wait what!? How???

Kirito: Because the secret is there in the first place because I love you.

Asuna: O-Oh..

I blushed and continued to finish up my frozen yogurt. Once we both finished I grabbed his hand and led him to the park. While we walked, Kirito had one hand in his jacket pocket and one hand holding mine. Finally, we stopped at our destination.

We stood in front of bunches of flowers blooming or just sitting there prettily. I let go of Kirito's hand and rushed towards the flowers. I sat next to them and stares at their beauty. Kirito soon ended up sitting next to me and smiling.

Kirito: They're beautiful.

Asuna: Yea...

I blushed as I intertwined my fingers with his.

Asuna: You know... whatever the secret is... I'm sure I'll love it.

Now it was Kirito's turn to blush.

Kirito: I hope you will...

I looked up in the sky and had seen all the clouds in the sky made way for the sun to shine. I looked back at the flowers then at Kirito.

Asuna: I think flowers and humans are very alike.

Kirito: Hm? Why is that?

Asuna: Because, well we first grow up to be tall, and we both start showing out true selves which is when the flower blooms. We both need different things to stay alive, plus we both are living. But when we die, we start withering away like a flower, though it is very tragic it is also very delicate and silent.

Kirito: I guess you're right.

I laid my head on Kirito's shoulder and he laid his head on mine. Kirito hummed a song called "Crossing Fields" by LiSA while we sat there enjoying each other's company. Slowly, but surely I started to slip away from the world and fall asleep.

I opened my eyes to see a forest of flowers. Each one had their own unique design. After staring at them I looked up to see Sinon. She smiled at me. She grabbed some flowers then left. Next I saw Leafa. She did the exact same thing as Sinon, smile at me, take some flowers, and leave. Then Silica appeared and she gave me a sweet and genuine smile. She grabbed some flowers too, and disappeared. Then I saw Liz. She smirked and gave me a thumbs up. I was a little confused by all of this. After, she took some flowers and left. Then my dad appeared. I looked at him confused and as a blinked I ended up holding his arm. He kissed me and look toward a row of more flowers. I looked to where he was looking and had seen a man's figure. As the man turned his face towards me I woke up.

I looked to see I was laying on a bench. I looked around some more and noticed I was right by the patch of flowers me and Kirito were laying by. I slowly got up and walked around, searching for Kirito. I couldn't find him anywhere.

Asuna: Oh duh..

I grabbed my phone and texted Kirito.

Text from Asuna: Kirito? Where are you???

Text from Kirito: Oh, sorry Asuna. I was.... looking around to see more flowers...?

Asuna: Lair...

Text from Asuna: Yea, ok... why can't I see you? The flowers are near me.

Text from Kirito: Becaaaaaaause...

Text from Asuna: Because?

Text from Kirito: I'm right behind you!

I was shocked as I slowly turned around to see Kirito.

Asuna: AH!

Kirito: Woah!

Asuna: You scared me, Kirito!!!

Kirito: S-Sorry...

Asuna: Where were you anyway!? You liar!

Kirito: Erm...

I sighed and kissed his nose.

Asuna: The secret ay?

Kirito: Yea, sorry babe.

Asuna: It's ok, as long as it's all worth it in the end.

Kirito: It will! I promise!

Asuna: Wait how long was I asleep?

Kirito: Maybe an hour and a half.

Asuna: What!?

Kirito: What's wrong?

I looked down and became sad.

Asuna: I wasted our day..

Kirito: Aw.. no you didn't.

Asuna: Yes I did! Look, the sun is about to go down!

Kirito: Well we still got time, come on!

Kirito grabbed my hand and raced through town heading somewhere I did not yet know. We raced past the town, park, schools, stores, to get to a open area where you could see the sun clearly, and the smell of salt filled the air with sand covering my toes.

Asuna: The beach...

Kirito: Yep, now come on!

Asuna: Hehehe ok, ok..!

We took off our shoes and raced for the water. We then had our feet and knees in the water. We smiled as we watched the sun getting ready to set. I walked over to Kirito and held his hand. He turned to me and kissed me genuinely. 

That reminded me of my dream I had. That dark figure that I saw was very familiar. After our sweet genuine kiss, I looked into his eyes. Of course. I know who it is now. Oh, Kirito you fail to keep me alone.

I smiled ay him and hugged him. He hugged back and kissed the top of my head. After a few minutes of standing there and watching the sunset while hugging, we decided to go back and put our shoes on.

It was now dark and Kirito and I were walking through the dark, all dried, and quiet. It wasn't awkward though. It was nice to know he was there by me. It was a kind of comforting silence. We soon got back to my house and I didn't want to leave, knowing my mom would fuss and I would be alone.

Kirito: You better hurry. We got school tomorrow.

Asuna: I know... 

I sadly smiled at him and gave him a quick hug and a sweet kiss.

Asuna: Goodnight Kirito...

Kirito: Night.

As I walked back to the house I turned back to Kirito to see a bit a blush as he pulled out something small. I didn't see it because it was so dark. Meh, whatever.