Days of Despair

Asuna's P.O.V

The bell rang for class to start and the class was unusually long. I guess it was because of all the tension in the air. Kirito was quiet, Liz was growling, I was thinking, and Sinon was probably evilly happy. Sitting there was like balancing 50 tons of metal and a feather evenly. It was hard. Especially the thoughts of Kirito. 

Finally, class ended and I practically ran out the classroom. I heard a loud *SLAP* and a "ow!". I didn't pay attention, but I'm pretty sure it was Liz slapping Kirito. Even though I was sad it made me giggle. I stopped to hear what might happen.

Liz: WHATS YOURE PROBLEM YOU IDIOT?!

Kirito: Why do you hit me?!

Liz: Cause you broke Asuna's heart you jerk! Do you know how sad she is? She's probably eating ice cream and watching Netflix late. You don't want to hurt her right? THEN STAY WITH HER! If you're there she'll have someone to protect her. You're so stupid!

Kirito: ...I'm sorry.

Liz: Why are you saying that to me? You know what you need to do!

After I heard that I felt more tears coming from my eyes. I ran away as far as I could. I was happy Liz stood up for me, but kind of embarrassed because of that too. I ran as far as I could from the classroom. I was by a tree and remembered our lunch there. I cried more thinking of Kirito. I went by the tree and brought my phone out. I looked through my phone ad found a song called "Grenade" by Bruno Mars. I placed it on the ground and played the song. As it started I got up and began to think while dancing.

~Easy come Easy go~

~That's just how you live, oh~

~Take Take Take it all, but you never give~

~Should've known you were trouble from the first kiss had you're eyes wide open, why were they open~

~Gave you all I had and you tossed it in the trash you tossed it in the trash you did~

And then my favorite line out of the whole song came.

~To give me all your love is all I ever asked~

The song continued and I swayed. This was my lunch time, but I didn't care. This song spoke to me. I am an independent women, but Kirito is someone I love so much. After the song a few people from the school saw me and started to clap. I quickly hid behind the tree. My eyes were dry and my phone was about to run out of battery. I turned it off and looked at the sky. Lunch was almost over and I needed to avoid everyone at all cost.

I looked in my bag and saw a hoodie. I put it on making sure it covered my face and shirt. I walked back to school with nobody noticing who I was. My hair was tucked in my hoodie, so nobody could notice me from that. I had seen Liz pass by me probably looking for me. Then I saw Kirito following her. Kirito was looking at everyone. When he went to look at me I quickly looked away and rushed passed him. Then the line that I loved flowed in my head.

~To give me all your love is all I ever asked~

Again and again it repeated during the whole day. Once the day was over I ran towards my house not caring who saw me. I opened the door and quickly shut it while closing all the blinds from the windows. I took off my hoodie and put it under my bed. When I did I had seen a shirt I didn't remember buying. It was a black shirt and quickly Kirito rushed through my mind. This was Kirito's shirt. I slid the big shirt over me and sat in my bed while placing my bag down. I grabbed the ice cream from yesterday and watched some Fairy Tail. The ice cream emptied and I set it down. I just finished watching the part where Natsu saves Lucy from the giant fall.

Then I heard a *knock* at the door. I didn't feel like answering it. I had a black shirt full of tears and short shorts that were covered by the shirt. My hair was down, but messy. I finally got up and looked through the peep hole from the door. I saw flowers on the door step. Nobody seemed to be there. I unlocked the door and picked up the flowers. It didn't have a name or anything on it though it was my favorite type of flowers.

Asuna: Kirito...

I closed the door and set the flowers on the counter. It was Wednesday and I wanted it to be Friday. My phone was charging and I went up to it. It had one text message from Liz. 

 Text from Liz: WHERE ARE YOU!?

I set my phone down not wanting to talk. I went back in bed and fell asleep. 

In the morning I slowly got up. My eyes didn't want to open, but I knew I had school today. I could just stay home. I did feel a bit sick after all that happened. I took my phone about to call the school. When I did another text came up.

Text from Liz: You're coming today right?

I didn't answer and carried on with calling the school. When I did I told them how I might've had the flu because I keep sniffling and coughing. They said it was fine, but to make sure to do all the work I would miss today. I agreed and I hung up. I laid down on my bed and turned on Netflix. I scrolled pass Stranger Things which made me think of Kirito. I quickly passed it up and turned on Highschool Host club. It was funny, but just not enough to make me feel better. I would laugh and giggle, but my heart would always hurt. I finally turned off Netflix after the 5th episode. I really was tired. I snuggled in between my pillows and fell asleep.

When I woke up it was about 6:00pm. We leave school about 4:00 so everyone must've left. My room was dark and messy. I needed to take a shower and my hair needed to be brushed. I got up stretched and took off Kirito's shirt. Yes, I still loved him, but I need to move on a little. I walked into the bathroom, stripped, and jumped in. I washed my hair and my body and once I got out the shower I felt so much better. I brushed my hair and cleaned my face a little more. After all of that I put on a tank top and a mini skirt. I tucked Kirito's shirt under my bed and went back to the bathroom. I put on makeup and brushed my teeth. I wanted to go out and do something. This was the end of my despair days.