Aftermath

Asuna's P.O.V

Once again I work up in my love's arms. Yesterday after what had happened he was pretty nervous about me and Liz. Liz had to go to the nurse because she passed out in my arms. I was a little surprised since she is tough, but I guess having a slap to the face is pretty tough to deal with.

Anyway, waking up with Kirito is nice, but he always makes me late. I usually wake him up, but today he had seemed so peaceful and nervous at the same time. I worried for him even though he didn't like me worrying. Even though I loved him we had to get up. I yawned and stretched my legs then faced Kirito.

Asuna: Kirito...

I heard no response. I wondered if he was usually a deep sleeper.

Asuna: Kirito?

I poked his face when he then started sweating. I was worried about him. Was he having a bad dream? I shook him a little, but he still was sweaty plus he clenched his fists and his eyes were tightened shut.

Asuna: Kirito!

His eyes flew open. His eyes scared me out my mind. His eyes looked like he had just witnessed murder. I started getting worried just looking at him. After him just staring into space he looked up to me and hugged me. I hugged him back even though I was a little confused.

Asuna: Did you have a bad dream?

He slowly nodded and tucked his face by my neck.

Asuna: Was it about me?

He nodded again slowly. Something must've bad happened to me because I only see him make that face when someone is hurt right before his eyes. I decided that it was ok if we were a couple minutes late for school.

I was already kind of out of bed, but I let myself get comfy so I could talk to Kirito.

Asuna: Would you like to tell me what happened?

He hesitated, but just like I expected shook his head no.

Asuna: It's ok..I knew you were going to say that. Just remember that I'm always by your side. When I'm by your side I won't get hurt ok?

He nodded again, but pulled me closer into the bed with him. I guessed he was tired because night hadn't let him sleep. As soon as we were comfy he kissed me and then closed his eyes. I closed my eyes too and fell asleep with him. 

Maybe twenty minutes later is when we woke up. It was 8:05 and we had to get to school at 8:00. I got up and woke Kirito up. He looked a lot better, just tired. I smiled and got up to pick out some clothes. 

I decided to wear some jeans and a white tank top. Kirito wore a black jacket with black jeans because it was a little chilly outside. We ate something quick, but I didn't want to rush him. We did make it to school at 8:09 which is quicker than I thought would happen. 

He kissed my forehead and headed to his classroom. I waved him a small wave and headed to mine. When I walked in everyone stared at me. I was a little embarrassed, but happy to see Liz was there. I gave the teacher a 'sorry look' and he motioned his hand for me to go sit. I smiled at Liz and she smiled back. Everyone was quiet, I mean everyone is supposed to be quiet and they are while class is in session, but usually sometimes I hear I bit of laughter, talking, or gossip. Today there was none of that.

After class ended I sat up and stretched. Liz was reading a book called "Frog Kisser". It seemed interesting to me. After a couple minutes of staring at Liz's book, I broke the silence.

Asuna: You doing better?

She placed down her book and smiled extatically.

Liz: Yep! Because of yesterday nobody dares to talk about us! I'm so happy. Also thank you for standing up for me. I know you also did it for yourself and Kirito, but you also did it because of me. Thank you.

I smiled and then decided to go to science. As I walked there a few people started to stare at me and Liz. I gave them a questioning look, but they would look away. I kind of felt let down. I wanted them to stop gossiping about me, but I didn't want them to be scared of me. I tried to wave a few times and they would wave back fortunately, but it didn't seemed like they wanted to. After a what seemed like a long walk to science I finally saw Sinon. She looked quiet and she was quiet. Nobody was next to her. Her hair covered her eyes and she tucked the bottom half of her face in her arms. She crisscrossed her legs and stood still. It gave me a chill just looking at her.

I walked towards Kirito and as always sat next to him. He looked tired as well. I poked his face till he noticed and looked at me.

Asuna: You tired?

Kirito: No, just thinking.

Asuna: Ok...should I be worried?

He shook his head 'no'.

Asuna: To late I am.

Kirito: Asuna...

Asuna: Don't 'Asuna...' me! I love you, and I'm going to figure out whats going through your brain.

He sighed and I felt his hand intertwine with mine.

Kirito: Why must you be so stubborn?

He whispered in my ear when he said that. I felt a little tingle rush up my spine. I whispered back.

Asuna: Because I love you.

We smiled at eachother, but then the bell rang for class to start. We were still holding hands which gave me warmth, comfort, and love. I loved Kirito with all my heart, but something was wrong. Did he fall for another girl? Does he just want me as a friend? Will he break up with me? So many thoughts zoomed through my head. Is there a chance that he might hate me? Tears wanted to come, but I wouldn't let them. Nobody, but Liz and Kirito spoke to me today. 

At the end of the day it was Kirito and I once again walking home. Kirito kissed me and then turned to me.

Kirito: Asuna...can we talk about this in sao?

I slowly nodded and we went our separate ways to go to our houses.