Lonely

Asuna's P.O.V

It's been a few hours since Kirito got in the hospital. It was getting late and Kirito's aunt and uncle already left, leaving me and Leafa alone while Kirito slept.

Leafa: We should go, Asuna. Kirito needs his rest, and we have school tomorrow....

I stood silent, still clutching Kirito's arm.

Asuna: Y-You can g-go if you w-want. I'm s-staying...

Leafa: Asuna.....

Leafa glanced at me then Kirito.

Leafa: He's coming to school, Asuna.... just not tomorrow....or the next day, but he will Friday...!

A stray tear left my eye, remembering how it was all my fault.

Leafa: You know Kirito, wouldn't want you to do this. You can visit him everyday, you just have to go to sleep. It's like 2:00 am, Asuna.

I nodded a little, agreeing how Kirito would hate me like this. I slowly got up, placing a kiss on his cheek.

Asuna: B-Bye, Kirito...

Leafa gently took my hand and walked me out the hospital. 

Leafa: Do you need a ride, Asuna? I brought Kirito's motorcycle.

I stared at the ground, then finally shook my head.

Asuna: I'm alright, have a good night...

Leafa silently stared at me, then hopped on the motorcycle and rode away. I sobbed to myself after I checked to see if anyone could see me. My hands clasped my face as stray tears fell on the cold concrete. My shoes clapped on the sidewalk, having an echo to each step. 

When I reached my house, I opened the door to find my mother sitting on the couch, now by herself. My eyes grew furious, thinking how she didn't do anything to protect Kirito. I raced up to her, about to scream, but then seen tears of her own.

Mrs. Yuuki: A-Asuna...

Asuna: M-Mom...?

She jumped to me and hugged me with full force.

Mrs. Yuuki: I'm sorry! I-I'm so sorry... my poor daughter....it's all my fault!

She cried in my shoulder as I soon started to cry silently with her. 

Mrs. Yuuki: I-I just wanted you t-to be happy. And no matter h-how many times y-you said you loved Mr. Kirigaya, I-I didn't believe it... I believed you felt p-pity, but now I k-know! Y-You truly loved him...

I cried in her hair.

Asuna: I-It's ok mom... p-please just d-dont bring him in here anymore...

She nodded slowly and smiled. Then my mom mumbled something, I could barely hear.

Mrs. Yuuki: I........give.....him my.....blessing..........

Asuna: W-What? 

She wiped the tears from her eyes and smiled.

Mrs. Yuuki: N-Nothing, now off to bed! I l-love you...

I smiled and raced to my room. I covered myself with blankets, as I wished for Kirito's cuddles and kisses. Seeing him beat up and bruised, made me want to cry again, though I fell asleep before I could try.

I woke up to a loud ringing in my ear. I sat up and stopped the ringing in my ear. I got up and walked in the bathroom. I took off my clothes and jumped in the shower. After I washed myself, and cleaned my hair, I slipped on a pink hoodie that was a little bit too big. I put on some black shorts, but you couldn't see it since the hoodie covered it.

I grabbed my bag and my phone as I raced to the kitchen. My mom greeted me and handed me a piece of toast and some milk. I smiled and ate breakfast. When I was done, I walked to school. For some reason Kirito wasn't there on the street waiting for me as usual. Was he late this time? I could wait! I love him, so it's no prob-

Leafa: Asuna?

Asuna: Hey Leafa! Where's Kiri-

I stood there in silence. I can't believe I forgot he was in the hospital, because of me...

Leafa: ... 

Asuna: -to....

Leafa: A-Asuna... you know he's umm...

My bangs covered my eyes as I felt tears in my eyes.

Asuna: I-I know! I'm just...I....umm.. b-bye Leafa! 

I ran across the street to the school, hoping to lose her gaze on me, but I still felt it until I got in history class. I saw Liz sitting there quietly writing something in her notebook. Then she spotted me and gave me a sad smile.

I sat by Liz and hugged her while tears threatened to fall from my eyes on her shirt. She let go of me and whispered.

Liz: I-I know what happened, Asuna. Leafa told me this morning. I-I'm so sorry, just please don't make it like it's your fault, because i-it's not.

I nodded my head and then heard the bell. The class felt pretty quick, maybe life wanted me to suffer, since science class was next.

Liz and Leafa walked with me to science class. Leafa had math, so after she left me in science she rushed to math. Me and Liz sat down in science. I sat in Kirito's seat and sighed. Sinon came up to me and tilted her head.

Sinon: Where's Kirito?

Asuna: ....he's in the...hospital...

Sinon: WHAT!? I-I need to see him!

Liz: What?

I looked up at Sinon to see her blushing.

Sinon: I-I-I-I-I ummm... mean I would like to see him!

Asuna: Ok...

I knew....she still liked Kirito. I knew it. I knew it. I knew it. And I couldn't stop her. Maybe she's better off with him. She didn't get him in danger. Not even once. Then me. I got him almost killed...

I looked at Sinon with caution not noticing one stray tear fall from my eye.

Sinon: A-Asuna!? Are you ok? You're c-crying...

I shook my head, and wiped the tear.

Asuna: I'm fine. I-I just miss Kirito.

I smiled a fake smile.

Liz: Asuna?

Sinon quickly left and arrived in her seat.

Asuna: I'M FINE!

I raised my hand and asked to use the bathroom. When he answered 'yes' I quickly left and hoped to find Zekken.

I closed the bathroom and rushed in a stall. I cleared my voice and asked out.

Asuna: Z-Zekken? It's Asuna.

Zekken: Asuna? 

Asuna: Y-Yes! You're here! Oh thank goodness...

Zekken: What's wrong Asuna!?

Asuna: Kirito's in the hospital, because of me...!

Zekken: Well I seriously doubt that, but tell me the story.

I took a deep breath and explained everything.