Hurt

Asuna's P.O.V

I slid into my pajamas already in bed about to play sao. I was a little worried of what he might say to me. I know he loves me, so it must be about something else. I nervously slid on my nerve gear.

Asuna: Link Start!

I appeared in Aincrad from the day Liz was sick and Kirito and I wanted to fight a boss. Right away I had seen Kirito sitting on the ground probably waiting for me. I slowly walked up to him and tapped his shoulder. He jumped which reminded of the day we met in sao for the first time. He turned to me and stood up. He took my hand and we ended up walking to our little cabin. It was dark outside jut in time to watch the aroma in the room. Kirito sat down then I sat next to him. His hair showdown covered his eyes.

Asuna: Kirito, please tell me. 

Kirito: You were right I did have a bad dream. I-It was about losing you because of me.

I stared at him in disbelief wondering why it was because of him.

Kirito: In that dream I realized everything that has happened to you is because of me. You and Liz were good friends and then when we got together she started making lies about you. Then when you cried it made my heart break into little pieces. Also Sinon, oh Sinon she tried to hurt you physically and mentally. If we were never together none of this would happen.

Asuna: Never together? What do you mean? I'm fine.

Kirito: Asuna.

Tears started forming in my eyes. He grabbed my hand and looked into my eyes when my tears had finally fallen.

Kirito: Asuna, I love you, but I rather see you happy and without me than with me, but getting hurt.

Asuna: K-Kirito! P-Please n-no.

Kirito: I think we should break up, Asuna.

My tears rushed down my face rapidly. I was sniffling and hiccupping while Kirito hugged me. After my sobbing subsided Kirito kissed my cheek.

Kirito: Asuna, I love you, but I don't want you hurt.

Asuna: Kirito, y-you're hurting me right now, by breaking up with me. As long as you were with me I was fine. All the gossip, b-bullying, and lies. T-The only reason I got through those things was because of you. I love you, Kirito please d-don't leave me. I-It hurts so much.

My tears started again. Rushing down my soft cheeks while Kirito comforted me.

Kirito: Asuna, I love you too, but you know I can't stand you hurt. I'm sorry. I'll always love you.

Asuna: K-Kirito!

More sobs came afterward. Kirito was still holding me until an hour later he got up.

Kirito: I-I got to go.

Asuna: P-Please tell me this is a trick, K-Kirito.

Kirito: I'm sorry Asuna.

I tear trickled down his cheek and he went to kiss my forehead. After his lips left my forehead he left and I was alone in our cabin.

Asuna: K-Kirito! P-Please come b-back!

I fell to the floor, sobbing.

Asuna: I love you!! Come b-back!

My sobs finally stopped and I logged out as well. As I took my nerve gear off I laid there silently crying. My thought of Kirito never ended. I finally went to text Liz.

Text from Asuna: Liz..?

Text from Liz: Yea Asuna?

Text from Asuna: Kirito broke up with me..

Text from Liz: WHAT WHY!? THAT DUDE I SWEAR! ARE YOU OK!? DID HE MAKE YOU CRY!?

Text from Asuna: I'm ok..I guess. Though I'm very upset. He said every time were together I get hurt. 

Text from Liz: Like me?

Text from Asuna: Well only at the beginning, but mostly Sinon.

Text from Liz: I'm sorry. I'll go beat up him if you want me to.

Text from Asuna: Don't be sorry and no thank you. I think we just need space. It's time for bed, so I'll see you tomorrow.

Text from Liz: Ok...tell me if you need anything. Bye.

Text from Asuna: I will. Bye.

I put my phone on the dresser and walked to the fridge. I grabbed my big tube of ice cream and sat on my bed. I took the remote and turned on Netflix. I put on the "Notebook" . I sat there crying, eating, and thinking. After the movie I just fell asleep on the couch with an empty tube of ice cream.

When I awoke I felt horrible. I stood up and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my hair. When I looked in the mirror I looked super tired, so I put a lot concealer and foundation on my face. When I was finally pleased I remembered last nice and was on the verge of crying again. 

Asuna: You know what, it's ok. I can make it on my own. I'm an independent woman!

I grabbed my bag and walked outside with jeans and a blue t-shirt on. I didn't feel like looking pretty. I saw in the corner of my eye Kirito's house door open. I started to walk faster. I didn't look at him nor wait for him. I was mad yet I wanted to cry again.

I raced to school and luckily got there before Kirito. I then went to my locker then to history. Liz was sitting there twiddling with her fingers. I ran over and sat next to her. She looked my way and took my hand.

Liz: I'm sorry.

I tried not to cry, but I was still sad. I shook my head no then looked at my desk. I didn't want to speak. Fortunately the bell rang and it was time to start class. After class I was very hesitant on moving to science. 

Liz: Come on Asuna, you don't have to look or speak to him.

I nodded and stood next to her. Together we walked to science and I hid behind Liz. When we walked in I had seen Kirito. We both glanced at eachother then quickly looked away. I was still behind Liz. As we went to sat down, I sat by Liz today. Out of the blue Liz got up and stood in front of Kirito.

Liz: You dare make her sad! 

Everyone looked towards our way.

Liz: Even though you don't want to hurt her, you sure hurt her a lot! You should be thankful that she didn't want me to do this!-oh wait.

Asuna: Liz! Sit down.

I whispered-screamed at her. She quickly sat down and looked at me apologetically. I glanced over to Kirito to see one tear slip from his eye.