Affection And Unpacking

Asuna's P.O.V

Asuna: Phew..

I swiped the beads of sweat that soaked my forehead. I let out a whimper feeling uncomfortable under the blazing heat. I placed the box I held inside the house and heaved a sigh.

Kirito: You ok, babe?

I turned over to Kirito as he placed a box on the box I had placed just then. He smiled as I nodded reassuringly.

Asuna: Yeah, just didn't realize how hot today was going to be!

Kirito: You can go inside and take a break?

I shook my head with a smile.

Asuna: No, I want to help! I can be as strong as you guys!

I said with determination after seeing Kirito and my brother picking up heavier packages. He chuckled taking my hand and kissing it gently.

Kirito: Asuna, you are by far stronger than me and a lot of other people; don't think otherwise!

I blushed and twirled a strand of my hair. He grinned and got back to work. I pulled my hair up in a ponytail and followed Kirito closely behind.

Kirito: You sure you got that, hun?

I nodded purposely holding 3 stacks of boxes in my hands. It wobbled unsteadily but I toughened up and held them firmly.

Asuna: I g-got this! Don't worry a-about me!

I stuttered walking carefully to the opened door. I couldn't see in front of me that well and had accidentally stepped on a loose stone on the pathway. I let out a small yelp holding onto the boxes tighter, but I was currently falling forward. I braced for impact but felt someone's arms snake around my waist to hold me from falling.

Kirito: Asuna..

The voice behind me warned again as I let out a nervous giggle.

Asuna: I-I was doing ok! Really, I was!

Kirito's black hair could be seen in my peripheral vision and all I could do was give him a goofy smile. He blew softly on my neck.

Asuna: Eep!!

I blushed furiously and shivered. I looked at him to see his teasing grin staring me down. I became more red.

Kirito: What's wrong? A-s-u-n-a~?

Asuna: K-Kirito!

I whimpered in embarrassment as he continued to whisper teasing contrivances in my ear. It only made me more flustered.

Kirito: You need to be more careful.. Would you rather me be with you all the time to keep you safe? What if you'd slip in the shower-

Asuna: Kirito, baka!! Y-You're making me-

Kirito: What? We do live together..

I blushed taking my boxes and shoving myself away from Kirito before I melted in embarrassment. I set the boxes down inside as I heard his chuckle.

Kirito: I'm just teasing~

I stuck my tongue out at him with a pout. He just chuckled and put a finger over his lips as my brother walked towards us.

Kouichirou: Hey guys, how's the work going so far?

My brother placed a huge box on the floor of the kitchen. I felt myself get jealous at how easily he could pick it up.

Kirito: We're fine, just making sure Asuna's not getting into any mishaps.

Asuna: H-Hey!

My brother laughed rubbing my head goofily making my hair a mess. I groaned trying constantly to fix my hair.

Asuna: Oni~Chaaaaan!!

I whined as he and Kirito chuckled. The living room and bathroom were filled with boxes which were brought in by Kirito. My brother did the kitchen and I was currently doing the master bedroom.

I placed the boxes next to the already furnished bed as Kirito and Kouichriou talked about their experiences of when or how I'm weak. I groaned again in annoyance. I opened a box full of clothes thinking it was mine, but it ended up being Kirito's. The black and gray shirts were, as usual, very plain, but I didn't mind.

I took one shirt hugging it close to me while sniffing Kirito's familiar scent. I sighed happily clutching the shirt close to me. I smoothed the fabric between my fingers until I nearly jumped out of my skin from a knock at the door. I swiftly looked to see whoever was present by the door frame. Not to my surprise, it was Kirito. He chuckled before peering over to what I was holding. His expression lifted in confusion seeing his shirt.

Kirito: Is that my-?

Asuna: NO, IT'S NOT!

I swiftly turned away to where my back faced him. I tucked the shirt back in the box while averting my gaze worriedly to the floor. The dark haired boy walked over to me before bending down and looking at the box practically forcing me to speak.

Asuna: I-I-I just! I-It smelled–It smelled.. l-like.. you..

I could feel a smile emitting from him making me blush even more. I slowly looked at him seeing a warm smile tug at his lips.

Kirito: Cutie.

Asuna: H-Huh..?!

I grew flustered staring at the playful look in his ears. The next thing I knew, I was brought into a gentle embrace.

Kirito: I like the way you smell too..

I covered my face in his chest feeling too embarrassed for my own good.

Asuna; B-Baka..

His body shook in laughter before giving me a sweet peck on the cheek. He let me go standing up and heading back towards the living room. I shifted my sitting position seeing Kirito starting to leave the room.

Asuna: K-Kirito!

He tilted his head back at me.

Kirito: Mhm?

Asuna: N-N-Nevermind..

Kirito shrugged with a small wink and walked out the room. I didn't have the stomach to tell him I wanted him to stay and just cuddle with me. He would just tease me about it later. I slapped my cheeks to snap me out of my blushing daze.

I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and continued to unpack the many boxes in our room. Our room. Still getting used to saying that!