The Time is Near

Asuna's P.O.V

A tight twist churned inside my stomach as I watched the seconds tick by. The sun rays gleaming through the window panes in the living room were slowly creeping closer to the wall, adjusting into an afternoon dusk. I gazed thoughtfully at the horizon, wondering what Kirito was thinking at this moment. It's not like it hasn't crossed my mind—it's actually probably the only thing consistently on my mind.

Silica: Lizzzz! Asuna's showing a Kirito face!

My eyes instantly snapped toward the two girls looming in front of me. Silica crossed her arms in an act of disapproval while Liz frowned, both clearly displeased.

Asuna: What do you mean? I'm not making a face!

Liz: Silica is definitely right, that is a Kirito face if I've ever seen one.

I furrowed my gaze in playful annoyance, bringing my knees closer to my chest.

Asuna: What are you even talking about?

The pinkette in front of me bent forward, analyzing my face with squinted eyes. She grinned triumphantly, pointing at my expression.

Liz: Yup! That aloof look that makes it seem like they have not one thought behind those eyes yet also possibly contemplating everything they've ever witnessed. I know that look well.

I rolled my eyes with a snort. My mom beside me hastily scooted closer and rested a hand on my upper arm.

Mrs. Yuuki: Is everything okay, hun?

Asuna: Mom, I promise everything's just fine.

I glanced over at Liz and Silica eyeing each other in mutual suspicion. That was until a purple haired teen popped up from behind them, an arm around both of the two girls.

Yuuki: There can only be one explanation! And that is that she is daydreaming of her hunk of a man and his beautiful, gorgeous eyes and softly supple—

I hurled a pillow at Yuuki's face before she could say anything more hopelessly embarrassing. She yelped at the attack as I flushed at her comment.

Asuna: I was not!

Liz: Oh she definitely was.

I jokingly kicked my legs, shooing them to their bridesmaid dresses in the corner of the room. Maroon silks sat folded on the table beside our pre-wedding snacks, each with its own sleeved style.

Asuna: Get dressed already!

Yuuki: But...the snacks..

I huffed softly, criss-crossing my legs as I glanced at Yuuki's pouty expression.

Asuna: As long as your careful of not making a mess, you can have more snacks, alright?

The girl's face brightened with a toothy grin.

Yuuki: YES!

Asuna: But you need to put on your dress!

Yuuki: Fine, fine, okay.

She waved dismissively, following Liz and Silica to find the dress they ordered a few months before. Just watching Sinon press a V-neck satin gown to her chest or Leafa spin an off shoulder burgundy dress in a twirl reminded me of my own wedding dress. My eyes trailed to the where it hung from its hanger, delicately dangling from the hook of the wall.

Tinted white draped along the expanse of the strapless gown, a sweet bow tied gingerly along the waistline. The flaccid, skirted area built down to a long trail, which was neatly piled along a plastic bag as to not wrinkle it. Similar colored sleeves, which fitted like bridal gloves, were draped along the hanger as well.