Safer With Kirito

Asuna's P.O.V

Zekken: Wow....

Asuna: I-I-I don't know what to do!

I started sobbing.

Zekken: P-Please stop crying... to be honest, it's not your fault...

I sniffed and looked up to see the stall door.

Asuna: How is it not my fault!? No wonder Sinon likes Kirito!

I started crying again. Soft sobs were heard throughout the bathroom.

Zekken: Ok, well how was it your fault?

Asuna: I-I met Oberon! A-And ever since that day, h-he stalked me, a-and I didn't even notice! Then, he punched Kirito! 

Kekken: ...

Asuna: I should just s-stay away from h-him, so h-he won't get h-hurt!

I sobbed and sobbed until I calmed down and rested my head on the wall.

Asuna: I-I let that happen... I-I should've called t-the police o-or something.... now he's in the hospital..

I heard her sigh.

Zekken: It's not your fault, Asuna. If you loved, what's his name, Oberon, then yea, maybe. Though, you hated him and tried to get away from him. I just think that the Sinon thing, well she needs to get over it, because he loves you.

I blushed and smiled to myself.

Asuna: T-Thankyou...

Zekken: No problem! Now stop blaming yourself for everything and go have fun. You skipped a whole class! It's lunch now!

Asuna: WHAT!? 

I ran out the stall, out the bathroom, to the lunch room. I turned around to spot my friends in the usual table they sit at. I sighed and walked over with a tray of macaroni and cheese.

Leafa: H-Hey Asuna...

Asuna: Hi.

Liz:....So, you missed science class...

Asuna: I-I know.

Sinon: A-And a project... 

Asuna: ...

I looked at my tray in silence.

Klein: Hey!

I then felt a rough force on my shoulder and looked up to see Klein's hand on my shoulder.

Klein: Cheer up! Hero-boy is sure to heal quicker than any of us, so you don't have to worry. Plus it's not your fault he's in the hospital.

I gripped my fork as he reminded me about Kirito in the hospital.

Liz: Doofus!

Liz hit Klein's arm causing him to take away his other arm off my shoulder and use it to show defense and surrender against Liz.

Klein: What did I do!?

I sighed and stood up with my new empty tray.

Asuna: I'm gonna go.

I dumped my tray and ran to the next class. The whole day felt so long and I was longing for Kirito's warmth. I just wanted to cuddle with him, but he was in the hospital. After school, I rushed to the hospital, noticing a car following me. I rolled my eyes, feeling frustrated.

I turned around to see the car window open and two men chuckling while looking at me.

???: Heyyy~ 

Asuna: Do you need something sir?

???: Y-Yes, actually~ Were here to help you, I mean a pretty, lonely girl walking by herself is pretty sad. Have a boyfriend?

Asuna: I'm sorry, but yes, so please go away.

The man slowly hung out the window, motioning for me to come closer. I scrunched my nose, tired of being the damsel.

Asuna: Go away.

He 'tsked' and opened the car door. He walked toward me while putting a hand on my cheek. The other man started chuckling.

???: Now come on sweetie, come with us.

My blood boiled, so.... I kicked him in the leg.... and stomped on his foot with my heel. 

???: GAH!

I ran as fast as I could to the hospital. After five minutes I turned around to see them nowhere to be seen. I smiled to myself. I defended myself.

I casually walked in the hospital, acting as if nothing happened. I walked up to a lady by the counter and saw on a nametag, her name was Lucy.

Lucy: Hello, how may I help you?

Asuna: Oh, I'm here to see Kirigaya, Kiri- ermm.. I mean Kazouto.

Lucy: Oh! He's the third room to the left.

I smiled and walked to the room. I peeked through the window first, to find Kirito up, looking bored. He had a remote in his hands. I turned the other way to see a TV flipping through channels. 

Tears filled my eyes, but I quickly wiped them away. I looked again at him, wondering if I should walk in or let him rest. Though, I saw him turn his head around to the window I was looking through. His eyes met mine and I quickly hid behind the curtain that was half covering the window. I blushed, now feeling like a stalker.

Kirito: Asuna?

I blushed again and looked behind the curtain to see Kirito with a warm smile.

Kirito: Hey...

I puffed out my cheeks in embarrassment and opened the door. I silently closed it once I walked through it. I stood there, looking at the ground. My eyes soon filled with tears again, and I started crying again.

Asuna: I-I-I am s-so sorry, a-all of t-this is my fault....

I sniffed and looked up to see Kirito's eyes. They softened and gazed at me gently. Then I noticed his arms were stretched out, like he was awaiting a hug. I bit my bottom lip and raced forward to Kirito, jumping on him. I cried on his shoulder and hugged him tightly. 

Kirito: Shh... it's ok~, I'm ok~....

Asuna: N-No, y-you're not! You're severally h-hurt! I-If I d-didn't call you, y-you wouldn't be there. I-I should've just dealt w-w-with Oberon...

I was suprised to see Kirito pull me up and look at me with very serious eyes.

Kirito: Don't you dare say that. If you didn't call me and I found out he was there with you. Tsk. I would've never forgave myself. I should've known he would come ba-

Asuna: Stop!

I kissed him gently, but sadly as I wrapped my hands around his neck. I soon felt Kirito's hands on my back. I stopped and looked at him again with a tear falling from my eye.

Asuna: Y-You have no right t-to be s-sorry!

Kirito: Well, neither do you!

Kirito grabbed my face and kissed it passionately. I bashfully kissed back, blushing in his arms, but also feeling safe. Safer than I was earlier. Safer with Kirito.

~

Dedicated to: thisRainbowisAwesome