A Change Of Heart

Asuna's P.O.V

I grabbed Yuuki's hand and led her to a boss room with lots of flowers spread everywhere. Kirito stood unexpectedly close to me. I didn't know why until I saw the sharp vines of flower plant zoom across to me. I expected impact, but only felt the force of wind hitting an object. I focused on Kirito's sword blocking the attack from hitting me.

Kirito: It's a Garish Gerbera! 

I quickly slid out my rapier and stood in battle stance. I was suprised to see Yuuki attacking the monster from behind and quickly switching sides when it turned to the side she was just on. I smiled at her tactic, and continued to fight in the front with Kirito.

I turned to see Liz a little bit down on her health bar as well as Klein. I took a quick step back and began chanting spells to heal both Liz and Klein. While at it, I also healed Kirito, Silica, and Sinon. I went to do one on Yuuki, but surprisingly she didn't need it. Her health was still at 100%.

I frowned in confusion, but soon just went with the flow and started attacking the monster from behind like Yuuki. Sinon took a step closer to me, probably to help me with the sides, but with that, she accidently tripped over her foot and landed on the ground also hitting me. I fell, bracing for impact, but realized, I was rather just sitting on top of someone. I looked under me, to see my worried black haired swordsman. I smiled nervously, but looked to see his face still with worry.

Kirito: Watch out, Asuna!

I was brought under Kirito's arm, as we both ducked under the swing of the vine. I peeked away from Kirito's shoulder to see Yuuki fighting the monster like it was the easiest thing in the world. I surprisingly stood up and looked at Yuuki with curiosity. She turned to me and smiled while continuing to fight. I pulled Kirito up, and we both started to fight with Yuuki.

After about twenty minutes we were all out of breath laying on the ground. Liz sat by Klein who laid in a star pose on the ground. Silica and Sinon both leaned on each other's back. Kirito laid in my lap while I played with his hair. I looked over to Yuuki to see she was standing up, like nothing happened. She looked happy, no, better than happy. Ecstatic.

Yuuki: Let's go again!

Asuna: Um...

I nervously laughed and glanced towards the others.

Asuna: Maybe another time.

Yuuki: O-Oh right!

Liz: Yuuki, you were amazing!

Liz stood up to meet Yuuki in astonishment.

Yuuki: R-Really..?

Asuna: Liz is right, what level are you? 

Yuuki: Erm..

I rolled my eyes as Yuuki scratched her head nervously.

Asuna: Just like Kirito. Jeez, so secretive about your levels.

Kirito: Hey...

Everyone chuckled except for Kirito and Yuuki. I finally stood up with Kirito following behind.

Asuna: We should go, we have school tomorrow and it's getting late.

Liz: Eeeeek!

I stood their confused at Liz's fangirling reaction, but shrugged it off as I met Kirito's eyes.

Asuna: Bye, you guys!

Yuuki: Bye, Asuna!

I smiled and waved at all of them, but I glanced at Liz who was smirking at Kirito. What? I looked at Kirito to see him blushing and nervously looking at the ground. I inhaled and pressed the logout button with Kirito.

I took of my nerve gear and turned to see Kirito smiling at me. I smiled back and cuddled in his chest. He brought me closer by hugging me so his chin laid on the top of my head. I giggled and looked up at Kirito.

Asuna: Isn't Yuuki cool?

Kirito: Hm..I guess.

Asuna: "Hm..I guess"? What's that supposed to mean?

I mocked him and laughed at the short statement. I then heard a little grumble. I gazed at Kirito and almost busted out laughing, but managed to say something.

Asuna: Looks like someone's hungry.

I noticed his embarrassed, blushing face while sitting up. 

Asuna: I'll go make you something.

He nodded in the sheets and cuddled in the blankets while closing his eyes. I got up and casually walked down the stairs, but soon noticed the front door opening. There I saw my mom's head pop up from the front door. She noticed me as well and smiled. A shiver went up my spine, because I never felt this warm from one of her smiles before. I smiled back and noticed the grocery bags she was carrying. I quickly rushed over to her and helped out with them.

Mrs. Yuuki: Thank-you honey, this was getting a bit heavy. You should've seen me trying to open the door.

She laughed to herself as I thoughtfully grabbed three of the bags she was carrying. When we were finally done placing the bags on the table, I found a sleepy Kirito coming down the stairs, rubbing one of his eyes. He looks just like a kid!

Asuna: Hello Kirito, woke up from your nap?

He slowly nodded, but once his vision was cleared his eyes widened as he spotted my mom. I almost forgot about her, and quickly looked over at her. Her smiled looked a bot forced as she looked at Kirito with surprise. She began to speak through gritted teeth.

Mrs. Yuuki: Hello, Kirito. When did you get here?

Kirito: U-Uhh..I-

Asuna: We were playing SAO, mom!

She stepped closer to us, still smiling.

Mrs. Yuuki: Yes, but shouldn't he be in the HOSPITAL!?

She broke.

Asuna: MOM! It's ok! He just got released today, and he wanted to see me, so I let him in and we played SAO with a new friend!

My mom's smile turned into a suspicious frown.

Mrs. Yuuki: You sure he didn't do anything to you?

Kirito: Huh!?

Asuna: No, mom. Promise. He was just being a good boyfriend and hanging out with me.

She sighed and finally smiled a genuine smile at Kirito. 

Mrs. Yuuki: Would you like to join us for dinner?

Kirito: T-That would be wonderful, ma'am.

Mrs. Yuuki: Good, now I won't have to waste any of this food I got.

She picked up a bag and headed to the pantry to put some of the food we wouldn't need for dinner up. Kirito slowly headed toward me and laughed. I giggled along with him, glad he didn't get hurt a second time.