Almost Time For What?

Asuna's P.O.V

I hugged Kirito tightly, wishing this game could give off a player's warmth. I cried into his shoulder, clutching his very silky sleeve. I felt a comforting hand lay on my back in an up and down motion. I twitched a little hearing my name being shouted.

Leafa: ASUNA!!!! What happened?!

I dug my fingers into Kirito's coat, showing I was embarrassed to say anything. Kirito shrugged his shoulders and turned his head to Leafa.

Kirito: She just remembered him... that's all.

Leafa: O-Oh.. Well, me, Liz, Silica, and Sinon are going in a boss room...so feel free to join us.

Kirito: Thanks, Leafa.

I peeked from Kirito's shoulder to see Leafa smiling at me with a little sympathy. I shut my eyes, hoping not to cry again. I just heard the leaves crunch beneath Leafa's feet to know she was leaving.

I looked back at Kirito's face to see him gazing in my eyes. I felt a little blush creep on my face as my ears heated up. I noticed Kirito's hand, now on my head, brushing away the little strands of hair that covered my face.

Kirito: What am I going to do with you?

I quickly glanced at my lap, now feeling bad for Kirito, knowing he was worried. I guess I was a pain in the butt. Why would Kirito want to date an overemotional, hardheaded, complicated girl like me? I examined his face again and sighed focusing on his eyes and how much worry and alarm they showed. I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out. I didn't have courage to say anything to his face. I was the reason he was so miserable. 

A stray tear fell from my cheek to Kirito's hand that wasn't on my head. I furrowed my eyes and spoke in a depressed, but certain, voice.

Asuna: I-I'm sorry, Kirito. I'm t-the worst girlfriend in t-the world. Why are y-you still with me? Just g-go with...

My voiced turned into a whisper as I stared now at a tree, instead of his eyes.

Asuna:....Sinon..

I closed my eyes, not looking at Kirito anymore. Silence fell upon us, like snow covering a graze of flowers. It was like this for a few minutes, till Kirito finally spoke, breaking the silence.

Kirito: Is that what you want?

I shivered, hearing Kirito's voice as stern as one of my past professor's had been when you talked during class. I sniffled and nodded slightly.

Asuna: If.....it will make you happy and safe...then yes...

I spoke from my heart. This is what I wanted for Kirito. If he can be safer, I rather him with Sinon than me. I squinted my eyes remembering the moment when Kirito broke up with me....this was the exact same reason.

I felt Kirito starting to move. I guess he wanted to stand. I lunged away from him, now sitting on my bottom, crisscrossed. I still peered at the ground, peeking at the front of Kirito's feet.

Kirito: Are you sure?

I gulped and nodded, reassuringly. Though, my mind agreed completely, my heart screamed in pain, like if it was drowning and wished for air. I choked back a couple of sobs as I felt Kirito's eyes scan over me. As much as my heart still felt agony, I spoke the one thing I thought I would never say.

Asuna: I-I'm s-sure....be with Sinon...please...so you don't get hurt...

I felt the wind brush in my hair as I heard Kirito's feet slide backwards on the fall leaves. I went to check Kirito's face, but his back is all I found. He began slowly walking away, as if he was teasing me. What am I doing? Wait don't go! I love you! I need you!

I jumped to my feet and almost stumbled backwards. My eyes were covered by the shadows of my bangs as I raced toward Kirito. I can't loose him! I can't! I love him! He's the one that encourages me to get up everyday just so I can see him, he's the one that makes my heart do backflips when I just learned something heartbreaking, he's the one..... that makes me happy! I want to live the rest of my life with him! 

Asuna: Kirito!

I felt a swift of air as Kirito glanced at me, his eyes landing on mine.

Asuna: I...want you to be happy and safe...so Sinon is the right choice for you....

I sorrowfully glanced at the ground as Kirito once again turned to where his back faced mine. He ,again, walked away from me as I could hear small sniffles coming from him. I quickly noticed and went to speak again.

Asuna: But, I'm too selfish!!!

I felt another gust of wind as Kirito then fully looked me in the eye with confusion written all over his face.

Asuna: I-I want you all to myself! I need you to be with Sinon, but my heart is screaming, telling me no! I-I can't l-live without you!....Kiri-

Kirito: ...Asuna.

I swiftly looked up to see Kirito wrapping his arms around me. I flinched with worry as I saw a tear go down his face.

Kirito: Don't do that ever again.

I felt him squeeze me tighter, as I slowly began to wrap my arms around him also.

Asuna: S-Sorry....I just, ....I just l-love you, and want the best for you...so I said those things... Though, now I know for sure.... I want to get a house, get married, have a family. 

I grabbed his face gently so he could look at me.

Asuna: And I realized, I couldn't do any of that stuff without you...

In a swift motion, Kirito and my lips collided, not out of pleasure, but out of pure love for one another. Not wanting to let eachother go, we both held each other's hands as we walked to find Leafa and the others. As we were searching I heard Kirito mumble something.

Kirito: It's almost time....

Asuna: Almost time for what, Kirito?

Kirito eyes softened as he turned to me and smiled.

Kirito: Nothing, Asuna...just me and my future plans for us.

Asuna: What kind of future plans?

I tilted my head and noticed the tinted blush on his cheeks. Kirito put a finger to his mouth, as if someone needed to be quiet.

Kirito: It's a secret.

Love Isn't Just A Game(Asuna x Kirito)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara