③:①

WithinPresent dayStorybrooke

Within
Present day
Storybrooke

I ran up to Snow as she talked to Emma.

"Oh, Luna!" She said and pulled me into a giant hug.

I smiled and looked over to Emma once she pulled away.

"What the hell was that smoke?"

"That is magic," I say as I point at the leaving cloud, "Gold wanted magic back."

"Oh god," Snow whispers.

I laugh at her reaction, "It's fine. He's with Belle and she hates when he's the dark one."

"Belle? Dark One?" Emma asks, confused.

I turn to her, "Belle as in Beauty and the Beast. And The Dark One is one of the most powerful beings in our world."

She continues to look at me like I have two heads.

"But that isn't the point," I say, "If he released magic in this world, Regina could have her powers back."

"And if she has her powers back she could scare us into hiding again," Snow finished.

I nod at her then look back at Emma.

"I need a large private place, can you do that for me?" I asked.

She nodded and began to walk away. Snow and I exchanged quick glances before following her.

We eventually ended up in the abandoned library in the middle of town.

I began to look around. The floor was mismatched tile while the walls were lined with books. A front desk took its place to the right of the entrance.

"Why do you need room?" Emma asked, making me direct my attention toward her.

I turn around to fully face her, "I want to get a hold on things before Regina does."

"You have magic?"

Snow looks over at her daughter and takes her hand and in comfort, but Emma pulls it away.

"Believe it or not, yes," I answer, "Are you going to stay here and watch or go get Regina in jail? I'm sure there's a mob over there by now."

Emma nodded, "right."

She walked out the door as her mother watched her.

"She'll warm up, give it time," I say to her.

She smiles and nods her head before following Emma out the door.

I start with something easy. Teleportation.

I wave my hand over my body, like I would if I were in the enchanted forest, but when I look around I'm in the same spot.

My hand dropped to my side and I groaned.

This is going to be a long process.

The last time I used my magic, I was in Neverland. Pan had just taught me how to control it.

That was over twenty eight years ago. Besides, magic was most likely different here since it's supposed to be a land without it.

I take a deep breath and focus on the corner of the room I wanted to be in. I closed my eyes and imagined I was in it.

I felt a cold breeze and opened my eyes to see that my view on the room had changed. I smiled and silently cheered at the achievement.

I then held my hands out and focused hard to form fireballs in them. I could feel the warmth begin to heat up my palms as time went on.

It took only a couple minutes of concentration before I felt the fire form in my hand.

I looked down and a smile broke out onto my face.

A loud scream echoed through the town as I fell to the floor in what felt like an earthquake. I quickly stumbled to my feet and peered out the door.

A large shadow-like creature could be seen flying around the dusk sky. The streetlights near it sparked as powerful magic radiated off of it.

Once it disappeared down the street I walked out of the building and looked on in the direction it went.

"What the hell was that?" I heard Emma shriek.

I looked to my right to see her and her parents walk toward me.

I shook my head, "I have no idea."

"Gold told us it's after Regina," Charming spoke up, "we should get down to the station. And fast."

I nodded and let Emma lead the way.

We quickly ran through the doors and into the offices to see the figure sucking the soul out of Regina.

David quickly grabbed a nearby chair and walked up to the demon, "Hey!"

It turned around and he hit it over the head. It stumbled back slightly before fighting back.

David was thrown across the room in a matter of seconds as Regina leaned against the wall in fear.

Emma and Snow looked around the room for a weapon, but were cut short when the thing pushed a desk at them. The two jumped back to avoid the impact.

I was the only one left standing.

The shadow went back to Regina and a blue light emitted from its hands.

"Hey!" I yelled as I walked up to it, "over here!"

A ball of fire formed in my hands and I aimed it at the shadow.

The fire hit its body and it let out a scream. It backed away and broke the window so it could run away.

I stopped with the fire and turned to see Emma and Snow stand up as David peaked around the corner. Regina coughed, causing me to direct my attention to her as she stood up.

Emma rushed over to aid her and stood her up, "what the hell was that thing?"

"A wraith!" Regina answered as her voice cracked, "a soul sucker."

"Did Luna-?" Snow asked, confusion laced in her voice.

"Kill it?" Regina cuts her off, "No, it's regenerating. It'll be back. It doesn't stop until it devours its prey – me."

"So, how do we kill it?" Emma asks her.

"There's no way," Regina's voice cracks again.

"Can't kill something that's already dead," I add on as I stare at her.

"Then, we have a problem," Emma says as she looks to the ground in thought.

"No, we don't," David speaks up, "Regina does."