②:④

Gone GirlPresent dayStorybrooke

Gone Girl
Present day
Storybrooke

I walked into Mary Margaret's class with Regina. After I came out of the bathroom, I was called down to the office and there Regina stood...waiting for me.

Once Mary Margaret looked up at us, she excused herself.

"Hey what's going on," she says to Regina then took a glance at me.

"Your little friend here decided to punch Lucas Joseph."

Mary Margaret looked at me, "What?"

"He started it, so I ended it." I explained simply.

"Are you kidding me, we just talked ab-"her eyes found my cut lip, "what happened to your lip?"

I stared at her blankly, "I told you, he started it."

"Mary Margaret, I will not tolerate this kind of behavior in my school," Regina says as I roll my eyes, "and if this happens again I will throw her out of this school."

I got a sudden burst of confidence, "What is your issue. You always go after certain people and it's stupid as hell. Grow up."

"Excuse me?"

"What, did you fart?"

"Brooklyn enough!" Mary Margaret yells.

"It's time to start sticking up for yourself," I direct towards Mary Margaret, "I'm done with both of you."

I then walk out the door and make direct eye contact with the mayor's son, Henry sitting on a picnic table during recess.

He sends me a smile and waves.

I smile back and continue to walk in the direction of the police station.

☾♥︎☽

I walk down the hallway and into the station just to see that no one is there.

I sigh and sit down at a desk.

"Hello." A voice sounds.

I jump at the sudden surprise and look up to see someone in the same jail cell I was in.

I look around then back at the man, "Hey."

He had short brown hair and a smug grin.

"The names Alec Fox."

"Brooklyn Smith."

"Nice," he nodded looking down, "can you bust me out?"

I tilt my head to the side, "No can do, what did you do anyway?"

"I uh was camping," He says scratching his head, "in the woods. Then apparently broke into a library."

"This town has a library?"

"Crazy, right?" He chuckles.

I smile at him then stand up and start to walk over to him, "I'm just going to cut straight to the chase, what are you hiding?"

The young man stiffens as I get closer.

"So uh how old are you?" He asks, trying to change the subject.

I place my hands under his. Which were around the cell bars, inches away from his face, "Don't change the subject."

His breath hitches for a moment, then he gulps, "there's a flask and sandwich in my pocket."

I smile and yell, "you should search them better, Emma."

Alec's face twists in confusion as a voice sounds out, "Whatever."

Emma emerges from the hallway and Alec asks, "How did you know she was there?"

I drop my hands and walk towards Emma, "it's a gift."

Without even listening to what he has to say next, I go into the hallway, knowing that Emma will follow.

She shuts the door then turns to me, "you got into a fight at school!?"

"It wasn't my fault," I say, putting my hands up in defense, "if you haven't noticed this cut on my lip, he pushed me to the ground first."

"Well, Regina says differently."

"Since when do you ever listen to that bitch?" I ask.

She stays quiet as I stare at her.

"She threatened you with Henry." I conclude.

I stare at her as she stays quiet. I took the silence as an answer and turned on my heel to walk away.

All I have to do is gather my things and wait till night.